wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Member name inside email notification

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@alice79b)
Estimable Member

Hi,

I noticed that in the notification emails of the forum, where I use [member_name], instead of displaying the user's name, the email address is displayed.
Is it normal?
How can I really see his name and not his address?

Thank you.

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @alice79b,

Try [mentioned-user-name]

4 Replies
(@alice79b)

Estimable Member

@chris If I use [mentioned-user-name] I see the code [mentioned-user-name] and not the name of the author of the replay/topic

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@alice79b,

I checked that and I can say that you cannot Use other shortcodes for an email form which doesn't have it in Subscribe confirmation email message field list.

(@alice79b)

Estimable Member

@chris thanks for checking.

Do you mean that in order to see the name of the author of the message, that user (author) must have confirmed its email? So is registration via forum mandatory?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@alice79b,

Let me explain a different way. If in the Email form is used [member_name] shortcode the email will be "Hi user's email", there are several shortcodes for each email form listed in "Subscribe confirmation email message field" and you can remove or add only those shortcodes which are in "Subscribe confirmation email message field list". If you add a shortcode from another email form, you will see the shortcode in the email.