Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Moderation of new members

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

I'm confused about moderating newly registered members.

I want new members to not be able to pass moderation until they make 2 posts. I set anti-spam for the first 2 posts. But it doesn't work because I also need to disable "Can Pass Moderation".

But if I disable "Can Pass Moderation" then every post will be held for approval.

How can I set these two options so the first 2 posts must be approved and then no more approvals needed.

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @central4allgmail-com,

The value of the "User is New (under hard spam control) during" option doesn't mean that all post should be moderated. In your case, value 2. It only means that the first 2 posts will be under spam scanning. If the Spam Control doesn't suspect them as spam the new topic will be set as public. But if it suspects one of the first posts as spam, even the second post, it'll search for all topics and posts and set those as spam as well.

Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

So it's "by design". Let me repeat my last question then:

"How can I set these two options so the first 2 posts -must- be approved and then no more approvals needed."

I want the first 2 to require approval regardless if they are spam or not. Is it possible?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @central4allgmail-com,

No, it is not possible. However, we'll take it into consideration for future releases.Â