Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Moderator moderation showing blank page (in dashboard)

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@yasmina-v)

Has anyone had this problem?

When logging in as a forum moderator (wpForo Usergroup is set to "moderator"), I see the "moderation" menu (with the number 4 in a circle - number of items needing to be moderator), but when i click on the menu, it is just a blank screen.

See the screen shot attached.

Can any one help? could it be a bug / clash with another plugin?

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

That's obvious. The user you've logged in has no appropriate permission. I'd recommend remove this user or set it as WP Admin and wpForo Admin. If user is no WP admin it should not be set as wpForo admin. Admin must have admin permissions as WP Role and as wpForo Usergroup.

Topic starter
(@yasmina-v)

Hi Robert - thanks for the reply, but I am not sure I get it (or maybe i didn't explain well enough).

I have another user who is the administrator (who has WP role=administrator AND wpForo admin)

However I want this new "moderator" user to be able to simply moderate the forum posts (and not be the administrator of either wordpress or the forums).

Currently this new user has (WP role=subscriber AND wpForo moderator)

This is the one that has a blank screen.

This seems to be the right permissions... what am i missing? Thanks in advance!

Yasmina

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Currently this new user has (WP role=subscriber AND wpForo moderator)

I'm sorry but there is no way to do this yet. wpForo doesn't allow subscribers be a moderators. This is the problem. We'll improve this in future release, but now should not do that.

Topic starter
(@yasmina-v)

OK I got it, my moderator must have full admin rights to the wordpress site.

It would be a great feature to have the possibility of limited rights to wordpress but access to the forums. Maybe for the future!

Thanks a lot for your help.