wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Moving posts to another topic

29 Posts
11 Users
3 Likes
10.7 K Views
(@nando4)
Estimable Member
Posted by: Robert

The "Move Reply to other Topic" will be available in 1.3.2 or 1.3.3 within this month. But I have no information abut "Topic Merge", it's not in top of our to-do list.

I do not see this important feature in wpforo 1.4.x. Can you please advise if it's coming?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I think the 1.4.0, 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 has many important features and most of those had been requested by wpForo users. And yes, not all features can be important for all.

1 Reply
NSH
 NSH
(@studio500)

Estimable Member

The ability to move posts to another topic is a basic fundamental of a good forum and a must if one wishes to re-configure forums.

WP-foro is excellent in many ways but sadly it does lack some very basic features.

I'm not knocking the team as I'm sure these features will arrive eventually, it's just a waiting game.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

At the moment you can do that using these steps:

1. Find the target Topic ID ( X )

2. Find the Post ID ( Y ) of the post you'd like to move.

3. Install a SQl executor plugin, for example SQL Executioner

4. Navigate to Dashboard > Tools > SQL Executioner and run this SQL (change the X and Y values with Topic and Post IDs):

UPDATE $wpforo_posts SET topicid = X WHERE postid = Y

5. Navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page and click on [Delete all caches] button.

(@slicky)

Any news to move posts to another Topic? 

Kind regards, Karim.

2 Replies
(@slotn77)

@slicky

Greetings, I've just setup a forum and mistakenly created a topic in the wrong area of a subforum. I can see how to move it but only the main subforum shows in the Move drop-down, no subforums other than the top-level one. Can this be done or do I need to delete and repost?

(@slotn77)

Never mind! Looks like it was just a cache issue. Cleared and the subforums showed up. 

(@david-fairhurst)

Hi, are there any updates for this issue? I have the latest version of WPforo (1.4.7) installed, the 'move post' functionality doesn't seem to be present.

Thanks

David

Page 3 / 5