Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] New Install - User registration not working...

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@craigd)

I've just installed wpForo on my WordPress site and got my forums created. Now I am testing out the registration and login process to test and see what things look like from a regular users perspective. However, I receive the following error in the top right corner of my screen:

REGISTRATION ATTEMPT BLOCKED: This site requires a security token created when the page loads for all registration attempts. Please ensure JavaScript is enabled and try again.

On my WordPress site, in the WordPress > Settings > General options, I do not have "Anyone can register" enabled and am not sure if I need to? I don't want users to have access to my site, only the discussion forums.

With that in mind, I thought it was enough to only enable reCAPTCHA on the wpForo forms, but off for the WordPress forms?

Speaking of WordPress forms, I am using Wordfence and their reCAPTCHA v3 feature for the WordPress login and user registration pages.

I saw another post that mentioned that wpForo is using WordPress' login and registration forms, but with wpForo customization and URLs. Is this possibly where the failure is occurring? If so, how might I overcome it?

2 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @craigd,

Please note that wpForo is not a separate site so installing a forum plugin you should consider to open registration to your website. wpForo is a WordPress plugin and it's based on WordPress user system as all other forum and profile plugins. 

Posted by: @craigd

REGISTRATION ATTEMPT BLOCKED: This site requires a security token created when the page loads for all registration attempts. Please ensure JavaScript is enabled and try again.

1. The error "REGISTRATION ATTEMPT BLOCKED" comes from your security plugins. They knows that the registration is disabled in WordPress and don't allow other registration. So you should do either, enable WP registration or disable security plugins.

Speaking of WordPress forms, I am using Wordfence and their reCAPTCHA v3 feature for the WordPress login and user registration pages.

2. You should find a way to disable reCAPTCHA v3 on wpForo registration and login pages, it would be better to disable it for all wpForo pages. i don't think it's compatible with wpForo. Once you enabled WP registration just enable wpForo built-in reCAPTCHA (forums > tools > antispam tab) for all registration and login forms. Then test it.

I saw another post that mentioned that wpForo is using WordPress' login and registration forms, but with wpForo customization and URLs. Is this possibly where the failure is occurring? If so, how might I overcome it?

3. Yes, wpForo use WP login and registration forms. And eve more, after the submitting form it calls WordPress user registration and login functions. Only design and page URL is changed, which have no any affection on regular WP registration and login processes. 

(@8smemike)

The problem is with Wordfence, I disable it and the registration is SUCCESS!