Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Newly registered member cannot edit their profile

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

A new user can sign up succesfully for a forum that I created but then "does not have permission to edit this usergroup" (as in cannot upload a profile picture or edit their display name).

The usergroup for this forum is author. Attached is a screenshot of the permissions for this forum usergroup.

Are you able to indicate where I need to make which changes to enable newly signed up members to edit their profile?

Thank you.

5 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @janjan,

Please leave the example URL to allow us to check it.

Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

Hi Alvina,

Β 

Thank you.

Β 

Please go here to register: https://authentic-self-empowerment.com/ase-supervision-group-forum/

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@janjan,

Please deactivate the plugins, switch to some default theme and check again. If it works, activate the plugins one by one and check after each activation to find a problem maker. 

Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

Hi Sofy,

To be sure I understand you correctly:

I know how to deactivate the plugins (do you mean all installed plugins?).

What will happen to the site when I switch the active theme? What will current viewers of the page be seeing if all plugins are deactivated and the theme is different?

Do you mean I have to check after reactivating each plugin if my test user can change their forum profile?

Can I switch back to my original theme and the site will be as it is currently?

I have no experience doing what you are suggesting, so I am a little nervous to go ahead πŸ™‚

Β 

Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

Hi Sofy,

I have just gone through all the forumΒ΄s settings and have not come across any setting selected that would prevent forum users to change their profile pictures or edit their profile in any way. I am not comfortable to switch themes and deactivate all plugins (including WooCommerce) as our website is being accessed from customers around the world at any given time.

Please can your provide a different approach to get this issue resolved asap as we need this forum to work properly.

At this stage if I try upload an avatar the changes are not saved.

Thank you in advance.

Jana