Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] nicknames

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@macaronisalad)
Eminent Member

Is there a way to make the nickname link go inside the wpforo profile and not budypress profile?

I hope I make sense. Thanks!

6 Replies
Topic starter
(@macaronisalad)
Eminent Member

if that isn't possible, how to make it not clickable like the nickname in this forum?

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@macaronisalad,

You should disable the "Replace Forum Profile with BuddyPress Profile" option. It can be found in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab. 

I'd also suggest you read this support topic: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-disable-nicknames/

It also should be helpful. 

(@macaronisalad)

Eminent Member

@sofy Thanks for the reply!

I did disable it but the link on the nickname in my sidebar is still going to the buddypress profile. That's the only one that did that. Other link is going to wpforo profile. Is there a way to do it or force that link go to wpforo profile?

The link that you provided is helpful but I think the code in there is to disable the mentioning completely in the forum? Is that right? In any case my first option isn't working I would just like disable click the nickname on the profile not completely disable the mentioning function(it's awesome). If I'm wrong please let me know. Thanks!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@macaronisalad,

Can you leave screenshot of that widget and the link on sidebar. Are you sure it's a wpForo widget?

(@macaronisalad)

Eminent Member

@robert Thanks for the response. I just checked. it is indeed a wpforo widget

the nicename links to buddypressprofile instead of the wpforo profile

nicename link goes here which is a buddypress profile right?

It's just a bit redundant having a buddypress profile and a wpforo/forum profile so I want to make it just have a wpforo profile.

Sorry about the big images. I hope there's a work around on this. Thanks in advance!

Link to my forum: https://tradersloungeph.com/forum/

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

That's very strange. As you can see here, the nickname is not a link. We don't make it link. I think is an affection from other plugins. Could you please disable other plugins and check it?