Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] No way to make guest see the forum

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@hitan999)

Hi everyone, I know that this issue has been previously discussed but I did not find any solution to it, and this is why I write a new post.

I just created a forum at https://www.riehl1617wundt46.org/ and created categories and sections. I just noticed that only registered members can see the forum, while I would like all guests to be able to see it read only. If you visit the forum as a guest you would see only something in Italian (Categoria Principale), even though the language has been changed and there is no section called in that way. I also cleared all Cache but this did not help.

I checked few topics on this issue and did not find anything that would help. Guests are set as Read Only in all Categories/Section and is written that they should be able to see the Forum, but this does not happen. I have no clue how to abilitate it.

6 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @hitan999,

Go to Dashboard > Forums > Forums edit the current forum in Forum Permissions section give guests Read Only Permission

Topic starter
(@hitan999)

Hi Chris, they have already Read Only access in all forums.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@hitan999, Do the same for the forum categories to`

• Allgemein
  • Versammlungen
  • Versammlungen
Topic starter
(@hitan999)

It is Read Only in all forum categories. Also, it is like that by defaut. I also tried to change it to Standard access but nothing changed.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@hitan999 

It may be because of the cache, read this Topic about cache: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

Topic starter
(@hitan999)

Hi Chris, yes it was a caching issue. Thank you for the support.