Not able to use any of the tools (such as like, solved, approve, delete, etc.) in a post
I am not able to use any of the tools (such as like, solved, approve, delete, etc.) in a post, even as admin. However, if not logged in and I press the "Quote button, I get a popup that says Please Login or Register. The share button, RSS feed and profile buttons all work. All the other buttons and links outside the actual post work. I can reply to a post, but then all the same buttons do not work in that subsequent post.
In my developer console, when loading wpForo, I get an Uncaught ReferenceError that $wpf is not defined in ajax.js?ver=1.9.4:3 at line 3.
I disabled all plugins but the problem still persists.
I searched the forums and the most common suggestion is to disable all caching and page optimization. I don't use any page optimizers and I disabled any caching, including the browser cache, but the problem persists.
There do not seem to be any problems reported in the Tools>Debug>User Data/Tables/Server/Errors & Issues pages.
I've cleared all the caches using the wpForo Dashboard.
The one thing that will solve the problem is setting my theme back to twenty-twenty-one. I currently use Codex, a child theme of Roseta by Cryout Creations. This theme works perfectly with other forums and other plugins that use AJAX, so I am just trying to figure out what is unique about wpForo. I love the forum plugin and would like to keep using it but this is a bit of a show-stopper.
Let me know if there is any more information that is needed. Suggestions welcome.
This is a plugin or theme conflict for sure. You should deactivate the plugins/theme one by one and check after each deactivation to find a problem maker. Here is a similar case: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/problem-with-forum-moderation-button/#post-49476
Thank-you for pointing me to those topics that discussed the <script> defer attribute. Examining my site's page source revealed the presence of the defer attribute on wpforo scripts. Buried in the miscellaneous section of the theme was an option called JS Defer. Turning that off solved the problem.
This should definitely be in the FAQ!
Thanks again for the quick help.