16 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Chinese Scientist
Topic starter
(@chinese-scientist)
Estimable Member

halu

when i add wpforo menu on header menu, the bell botton disappear, how to make it show?

15 Replies
5 Replies
(@martin)

Support Team
Posted by: @chinese-scientist

halu

when i add wpforo menu on header menu, the bell botton disappear, how to make it show?

The Notification Bell doesn't have any relation to the menu, so it cannot be moved to other menu locations. The bell is attached to wpForo top black bar next to the search bottom. You also have an option to display notification bell using wpForo "My Profile and notifications" widget in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets admin page. 

Chinese Scientist
(@chinese-scientist)

Estimable Member

@martin you are not answering the question. i want the notification bell to show up in the header menu

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@chinese-scientist,

Martin answered on your question. The notification bell is not a menu component, so it can be moved to other place. It's attached to the forum top black menu bar, next to the search button.

Chinese Scientist
(@chinese-scientist)

Estimable Member

@robert

so you are telling me that the notification botton is not customable ?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@chinese-scientist,

The "customable" word is very general. The exact description is: It's not movable. You can move it only within the "My Profile and notification" widget, in sidebars. there is no other ways.

Chinese Scientist
Topic starter
(@chinese-scientist)
Estimable Member

also the profile tab with sub tabs, i changed it to look this way below:

MY ACCOUNT(custom link with url of #)

--Activity

--Subscriptions

--Account

the problem is that MY ACCOUNT shows for not loggin users, how to make it hide plese? help

9 Replies
(@martin)

Support Team

@chinese-scientist,

That because you should not use direct links. You should use Menu Shortcodes. Please read the documentation and only use the menu shortcdes when you create wpForo menu: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/getting-started/forum-menu/

Chinese Scientist
(@chinese-scientist)

Estimable Member

@martin so what is shortcode for the # ?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@chinese-scientist,

The My Profile Menus shortcodes are these:

• My Profile: /%wpforo-profile-home%/
  • Activity: /%wpforo-profile-activity%/
  • Account: /%wpforo-profile-account%/
  • Subscriptions: /%wpforo-profile-subscriptions%/

You should set one of these shortcode to your menu to make it hidden for guests. There is no other way to make the menu dynamic. You should not use # for menu URL. That doesn't work.

Chinese Scientist
(@chinese-scientist)

Estimable Member

@robert

i must tell you that # works as a holder for these submenus, why you can not make it work ?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@chinese-scientist,

The answer is simple, because that's not a wpForo menu.

And there is no any relation to wpForo core function. wpForo can't detect what menu is that. The name and the # is not a programming indicator so it can't be used.

Chinese Scientist
(@chinese-scientist)

Estimable Member

@robert

ok it seem like you avoid solving my issue

i want to use a holder to show drop down, i dont want profile to be on top the default and then the other tabs drop down, that is not right

the top should be MY ACCOUNT that is not to be clicked but to open the tabs below. do u understan?

that is need answer

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

I'm sorry but this is out of our support. We don't support custom requirements.

Chinese Scientist
(@chinese-scientist)

Estimable Member

@robert

ok how about this

i dont want to make Profile clickable, what is wpforo shortcode for not clicable profile tab?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@chinese-scientist,

As you can see here on wpForo community, there is no not clickable tabs. wpForo doesn't have not clickable menus so it can't support any.

However, there is a CSS code which may help you: https://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/p/pointer-events/

If you leave your website URL I could check the menu HTML code and provide you a small CSS to stop click process. I hope this code can help you.