Notification links going to chron

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@themegroup)
Trusted Member

Hi there.

We've got a strange glitch where the notification emails that come through to say we've had a message / had a reply to a post etc has a Join The Discussion link that, instead of taking you to the forum, takes you to a chron link -

And asks you to login even if you're logged in, and upon logging in you get taken to a blank page.

This has only just started happening and nothing has changed on our site in terms of settings. Not sure if it's related to a plugin update or something? Anyone seen this issue before?

Cheers,

Nick.

4 Replies
BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

Hi @themegroup

The wpForo system does not handle emails of this type. The emails are managed by other plugins. Please check and identify which plugin is sending you emails with this type of content.

Topic starter
(@themegroup)
Trusted Member

So even though I can set notifications and email alerts within WP Foro, this one in particular isn't something that would come for WP Foro? Seems like the two would be related as it's getting the fact there's a notification coming from somewhere within the system, otherwise how does it know?

1 Reply
BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)

Contributor

@themegroup 

Other codes outside of wpForo can use the same hooks and add filters before the email is sent.

Topic starter
(@themegroup)
Trusted Member

Ah OK. I'll have a look then. Not sure where it would be coming from and why it's suddenly wrong, but I'll see what I can find.