Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Only Gravatar Avatar option showing?

11 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@pudzpud)
Eminent Member

Hi,

Forum down for maintenance just now

I have searched on this forum and seem to have the correct options enabled in settings (see screenshots) but I still only get the option to add a gravatar avatar instead of uploading my own.  Am I mising a setting?

Under WPforo settings all avatar options enabled

Under WP settings>discussion avatars enabled

Under members only option is upload your gravatar

Thanks for any help

10 Replies
Topic starter
(@pudzpud)
Eminent Member

Settings>Discussion screenshot

Topic starter
(@pudzpud)
Eminent Member

Members avatar option showing only gravatar screenshot

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@pudzpud,

All profile fields and settings are located in your account page on front-end not in dashboard, so please go to your account page and use the avatar uploading options. Here is your account page: https://wpforo.com/participant/pudzpud/account/

2 Replies
(@pudzpud)

Eminent Member

@robert sorry I should have explained better - the problem is on the forum I have.  I am changing all the settings but only get the gravatar option.  When I click your link above it shows options to add my own avatar which would be ideal for my forum - I just cannot work out the settings to do allow this.  Thanks

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@pudzpud,

There are no other options in dashboard. wpForo only adds the avatar uploading option in user's account page on front-end, wpForo doesn't have any input in the dashboard avatar settings. You should go to any user account page and change their avatar if you want.

Topic starter
(@pudzpud)
Eminent Member

Hi,  I cannot change my or any other memebrs avatar - the only option it gives me is to use gravatar which I dont want to force my mmebers to use. On my old smf forum they could upload their own avatar and this help forum gives that option too - I just cannot get it to offer anything apart from gravatar on my own forum

Screenshot attached shows only option in my or any members profiule is to use gravatar or nothing - you cannot upload your own avatar, but settings on WP and WPforo settings are both ticked to allow your own avatars - I must be missing a setting somewhere.

Page 1 / 2