Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Page Loading Failed

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mrsp8iky)

I have no idea why this is happening, but if I'm placing the [wpforo] shortcode on my page, the page can't be loaded anymore. I deactivated already every plugin and my theme, but those weren't the issue. I'm not a pro at something like this, but Firefox is giving those errors: https://ibb.co/9hvLxYw

Forum Basic URL is still basic and i tried it using the test page which wpforo created, so i didn't change anything there

At the Debug page (forum > tools > debug) is only one error: WordPress Email sending function wp_mail() doesn't work!, but i don't think this is doing something or?

The last information: On the wp-admin page is everything working fine, except the Forum > settings > Style & API page are giving an error, too.

If you want the link of the page or something, i can't give it to you, because it's still only local.

EDIT: I even tried reinstalling ...

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please let me know how many pages with [wpforo] shortcode you have.

Have you enabled the mod_rewrite module of Apache?

And do set SEO friendly permalinks in Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks admin page?

Also, please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > General Tab and click on [Update options] button.

Then delete all caches and check it again.

4 Replies
(@mrsp8iky)

1. I just have one page.

2. Yes it is enabled

3. I'm not sure what a "SEO friendly" permalink is, but i'm using the /TopicName (for the example page it would be /forum

4. Update Button -> Yes i have tried it already (deleting cache after, too), but didn't work. I was reading already such post in this Forum, but nothing helped.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Please leave your forum URL and some screenshot of your Permalink settings.

(@mrsp8iky)

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

I'm sorry but we can't help to fix such issues on localhost. This maybe localhost configuration issue. Please read the forum requirements: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/wpforo-installation/server-requirements/

We'll start helping you once you upload this WordPress installation to online hosting and make it available in web.