Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Some users can no longer read topics or posts and get the Apache error

11 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@realdawg1)

In the past two weeks, I've had three users who can no longer read topics or posts and get the Apache error. Both have been very active posters and this is not good for business! We've changed passwords, deleted caches, tried about every trick in the book and it will not correct the error. I need help with this ASAP because this is a busy news site and these people PAY for access to content and forum content.

I've also disabled plugins, had users clear their browser caches, testet on different computers and still no luck. It is only happening to three users that I know of right now but I fear it could begin happening to  more.

Here's a link to our forums, and if you need login info let me know but I need to get this solved immediately.

Topic Tags
10 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @realdawg1,

Could you please ask them to click on the "Mark all read" button located in forum footer?

2 Replies
(@realdawg1)

Done -- I am the moderator, FYI 🙂 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: Realdawg1

Done -- I am the moderator, FYI 🙂 

Not you. The user who have this problem should click on that link. Just ask them to do that.

Topic starter
(@realdawg1)

To add to this Robert, one of the subscribers getting the Apache error had paid by check and not through PayPal. I went in and deleted it his account and restarted it (was simple because he hadn't posted and I didn't have to reroute his old posts) -- once I did this, he was able to read posts again and not get the error. So the only thing that really changed was that he had a newly created account. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

That's not necessary, they just need to click on the link mentioned above. In upcoming version there wil not be such issue anymore.

Topic starter
(@realdawg1)

Oh so one of the guys just did that and it works! w*f? That was the wierdest thing -- thanks a ton Robert! If it starts acting up again I will let you know 🙂

Page 1 / 2