Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Posts showing in reverse order

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@katonadani)

Hi, 

I know there was a post earlier about this, but I have the same problem and the info there didn't help.

So I just installed wpForo 1.4.9 to my website and the first (and only) problem I came across is that the posts are in reverse order, meaning the oldest one is at the top. I attached a screenshot about that. 

I already tried deleting cache, didn't help. 

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Daniel

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@katonadani)

thinking about is and looking at the previous posts, is it by standard, that in a certain topic, the oldest post comes on top and the newer ones under that? 

If so, can I change is somehow?

I really want the newest on top as I would like to have a forever going topic always updating at the top with the newest reply. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

There is no any problem here, it seems you've read topics related to the "Recent Posts" page not to the "Recent posts list under topics". These are different pages and content.The issue related to the "Recent Posts" page was fixed months ago.

The screenshot you're showing is the Topic list page with topics recent posts. This is designed to always show the first post of this topic and then it shows recent replies to this post. This is a unique logic in wpForo and can't be changed. People should see the topic initiator post (first post/oldest post) to understand the next coming replies.

1 Reply
(@peter208a)

I do not understand this reply

Most chat or bulletin boards have the latest post at the top

This has the latest post at the bottom

How can I reverse this?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @peter208a,

wpForo aso displays latest topics on top if you click on some Forum Title and open Topics lists.

The author of this topic talks about the Quick posts list section located under each topic of the Extended Layout. This section is not a topic list or a post list. This section is designed to display the first post (topic initial post) and the last x posts. Thus you can have a quick view of the tat topic.