Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Private Post Forum

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@dispater)

So, I am looking to create a forum that would replace one we used on an old vbulletin site that we no longer plan to use. I want every post created in this forum to only be viewable by the original author, admins, and one other user group. Is it possible to have all posts in this forum set to Private, and allow Admin and this other group access to read/comment so we can privately communicate individually for these user requests?

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi,

You can restrict access to the forum for specific user groups by setting 'No Access' for all user groups except the one you prefer.

Please check out this FAQ to better understand the forum access and user group connections: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/#post-39664

Topic starter
(@dispater)

Well, I want all registered users to be able to access the forum, just only to see their own posts. The purpose is private requests as this is a forum for a story-based RPG. Character Requests would be made privately and only viewable by the staff running the story.  This format allows all staff to view and discuss the requests with the player in private.

Edit for clarity: In this forum I want any registered user to be able to create a topic and to see comments and be able to reply. However, these users should only be able to see/comment on their own topics. The staff user group should be able to see and comment on all topics in this forum. 

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@dispater 

Please follow the steps below:

1. Open the wp-content/plugins/wpforo/classes/Template.php file

2. Find the following line:

<input id="wpf_t_private_<?php echo $uniqid ?>" name="thread[private]" type="checkbox" value="1">&nbsp;&nbsp;

3. Replace with this one:

<input id="wpf_t_private_<?php echo $uniqid ?>" name="thread[private]" type="checkbox" checked="checked" value="1">&nbsp;&nbsp;

Note: The changes will be lost once you update the plugin. Therefore, it's recommended to make these changes after the plugin update.