Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Problem with ACF fields, Custom Fields add-on, Registration and Account forms

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@amityweb)
Eminent Member

Hi

We use ACF fields for adding custom fields to the user profile. 

We then use Gravity Forms user registration to link a form to registration. 

We can embed this on the site then, for example, we have a register form in a modal popup

Problem is these fields are not showing in the user Account page in WPForm, even though they appear on WPForo registration form. 

So we purchased your custom fields add-on, hoping we could add them, but the add-on does not add ACF fields. If we create our own field in the add-on we cant add it to our own registration form, you do not save user profile fields in the usual place for some reason (in user meta table). 

I cant find any shortcodes to embed WPForo registration form somewhere else on the site. 

So there's a big problem here.... its not possible to use ACF User fields with WPForo. But we cant use WPForo user add on as we cant embed the registration from anywhere.

Can soneone help please? Embedding WPForo Registration form (via shortcode for example) would fix this issue then we dont need gravity forms or ACF. 

OR you add ACF user fields into the Account form. 

Thanks 

5 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

@amityweb,

wpForo User Custom Fields is created for wpForo Profile page. It's not created for using in other plugins. There is no way to use the custom fields with ACF and vice versa. The mix you're trying to create is impossible. I recommend to contact to gVectors Custom Development Team and ask them for some customization or an extra addon creation. They'll assess the work and let you know the price. You can contact them via sales[at]gvectors.com email address.

Topic starter
(@amityweb)
Eminent Member

Thanks. All they need is a registration form shortcode, then problem solved, no need to use ACF. 

I found a work around, may work for us. 

In Custom Fields add on, add on a HTML tab, and in the html add the Gravity Forms shortcode to embed the user profile update form, that is linked to ACF. 

In the ACF register form, add in extra fields that WPForo may add, like privacy checkbox and things. So basically mimic same form as WPForo in Gravity Forms. 

So this looks like it may be fine now, but embedding WPForo register form would be the ideal situation. 

(@ronaldus)

Wow, that sound complicated... Do I understand right that forum accounts are not the same as standard WordPress accounts, and that they are not easily linked or 'merged'?

1 Reply
(@ronaldus)

Topic starter
(@amityweb)
Eminent Member

I think the main user account may be linked or synced, like login. I assume it is. 

But if you add custom fields to the WP under account, for example some other plugin (in my case Advanced Custom Fields), then WPForo is not linking those 100%. WPForo shows them on its registration from which is great, BUT does not then add them in the WPForo user profile, so the user has no way to change them in WPForo. 

So what I did was use gravity forms to have an update profile form, then embed that in a tab in WPForo. 

It wasn't that complicated once I had the idea. 

Its only because we want our registration form to go on a non-WPForo page, so we cant use WPForo as it does not have a shortcode to embed its form, we have to use a custom registration form, but WPForo wont integrate it.