Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Problem with the Category height

20 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Morthal
Topic starter
(@morthal)

Hello, can help me where I can change the Height for the Categories on forums? Look at my screenshot where I have the problem, I'm using a custom theme, but I think this its a problem I can save if I change the height of the category, thanks and sorry about my english.

And another question, we have the option to auto create a thread on X forum when we do a post on the blog? Just to the people can talk of X blog post directly on forum and it reflect the comments and viceversa.

19 Replies
Morthal
Topic starter
(@morthal)

Oh, looking from mobile, look at this (See attach) the error look different... Please help me, I¡m loving this format of forums, its the ideal, but really need it on my theme...

Morthal
Topic starter
(@morthal)

Sorry about the triple post, but when I change the theme it works fine, so, maybe someone can help me and tell me where I can find the problem on my theme, in some sheet I think? Or some idea? From the sellers of the theme (Themefuse) say me "We can't fix it" because it's an old theme, I buy it on 2015. The theme is this one:

https://demo.themefuse.com/gameszone/

14 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@morthal,

Sorry for the late response.

This is a theme issue for sure. 

It seems there are some tags that are opened and not closed or closed twice. You should contact your theme support and ask them to solve the issue. 

Morthal
(@morthal)

Posted by: @sofy

@morthal,

Sorry for the late response.

This is a theme issue for sure. 

It seems there are some tags that are opened and not closed or closed twice. You should contact your theme support and ask them to solve the issue. 

Hi Sofy, and thanks about your reply, now, can you tell me (if you know) where I can close it? Which sheet?? I'm little amateur hehe, thanks in advance.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@morthal,

I'm sorry but I have no clue about this. It'd be better if you contact your theme support and ask them to check the HTML structure of the theme. 

Morthal
(@morthal)

@sofy

Hi Again Sofy, please, can you take a look at my site?:

https://bit.ly/2lHSb6v

Look, on the category is the problem, but on profiles too! All its messy, what do you think about it?? Please help me, thanks in advance!!

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@morthal

Have you contacted the theme support? What have they said? 

Morthal
(@morthal)

@sofy

Yes, I paste the mail chain:

---- Alex (ThemeFuse) escribió ----

Alex (ThemeFuse)

Sep 5, 14:24 CEST

Hi,

I don't think this is the problem. They checked the demo site, not your site. I checked the original theme code and there are no missing close tags. It seems that plugin styles are overwritten by theme styles. Probably somewhere the same class names are used or there is another conflict. In any case, this should be inspected. As I said previously, this is an external plugin, so I'm afraid I can't help you here. You could hire someone to inspect and fix the incompatibility.

Regards,
Alex

My reply:

Sep 5, 14:33 CEST

But where I need to inspect? Some sheet? What tag? Please I'm really need the pligin its the better free plugin, and when I choose another theme, it work fine!

Alex (ThemeFuse)

Sep 6, 10:50 CEST

Hi,

I can't point you to a specific path because I don't know what the problem is. This requires inspection. You have to start with style inspection and compare it with normal behavior. Please refer this video about how to use the Google Chrome developer tools, and how simply you can find the necessary CSS styles you need. Also, you need to do more tests to see when this problem occurs and what causes it.. This is called "inspect the problem", and it takes time.

Regards,
Alex

That's it...

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@morthal

This is not a missing closing tag. I see tons of <br> line-break HTML code in forum HTML, wpForo doesn't have such codes in template files. These <br> come from plugins or from some custom code in functions.php of your theme.wpForo loads template through post content and post content hooks. Some other plugin has affection to post content and it adds <br> to all line breaks. First I recommend disable all plugins, delete all caches and test it, then check the functions.php of your theme. These

Morthal
(@morthal)

@robert

Thanks for the reply Robert, wow, I reinstall the theme, put in the very very original theme, losing ALL my changes (Including my translations) and it didn't work neither, choose the Child theme, neither, so, it be in the original code, can you take a look at the original functions.php? I'm really crazy to get the WpForo with my theme, its simply perfect for my project, and the extensions too, but first I need to fix it 🙁

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@morthal

I was talking about plugins. You should deactivate all other plugins first. I've not asked to reset and reinstall the theme. Have you deactivated plugins and deleted the cache?

Morthal
(@morthal)

@robert

Nope, it didn't work, I disable all the plugins and still same...

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@morthal

Could you please send admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address? We'll try to find who adds those <br/> in page content.

Morthal
(@morthal)

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Thank you @morthal.

I'm sorry but we couldn't find the code in your theme which does this terrible thing. We changed your theme to some default theme and found that it works fine. So the problem in your theme or in the custom PHP code in your theme functions.php file.

You should contact to the custom PHP code writer or to the theme developers and ask them remove this bug. All HTML in pages get extra <br> because of this theme. So you can send them my screenshot above and URL of this topic.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

They should see this to understand the problem:

Morthal
Topic starter
(@morthal)

🙁 really bad, it's a shame, ok, I sent the screenshot to the support of ThemeFuse, I hope they give me a solution -.-

Really thanks for your effort Robert!

(@claudiucezar)

Hey everyone, so far though I can't find a single step-by-step guide in how to do this.

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@claudiucezar

Please describe more in details the issue you've faced and leave your forum URL to allow us to check the issue.