Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Problems get verification mail by registration

6 Posts
2 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@mrmenno)

Hi dear all!

I'm new and hope for place it here on the right point.

I have some problems by getting a verification mail after registration some new users on my forum.

And when i try it here i had the same problem with the next mail providers:
- Gmail.com
- Mail.com

After using my own domain email @example.com i get a verification mail after the registration.

How can this happen and how can i fix the problem. I have read some topics but it looks like for me if all the other topics giving me the right answer.

Looking forward for some help. Thanks!

5 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @mrmenno,

Please check your spam boxes. The verification email has not any relation to wpForo, it's sent by WordPress. You can disable wpForo and use the WordPress native registration form to test. The native registration form can be found with this URL, make sure you're logged out and the WordPress user registration is enabled in Settings > General admin page:

yourdomain.com/wp-login.php?action=register
Topic starter
(@mrmenno)

@Martin Thanks for your fast message!

Ah, that is also not working i see. And i have check the funtion on in the Settings > 'Anyone can register' Yes

I have read here also something about Wordpress WP Mail SMTP is that the problem do you think? Or is it more likely a problem on my hosting side?

(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @mrmenno

I recommend contact to your hosting support. wpForo has no any chance to help you in this issue. Your hosting should check the email logs and see what is the problem.

Topic starter
(@mrmenno)

@martin Thanks for your time! I going to do it directly.

Keep yourself safe and healthy!

Page 1 / 2