Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] problems getting a topic to add to forum

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kateb)
Eminent Member

one of our members tried 4 times to add a question to our forum. the first time he tried to add 2 photos totaling 12MB, our max is 15mb, the next time he tried with just one photo of 3.4 MB, the last two times no photo at all, just the text. all 4 times the topic / question did not load / save to the forum. Can anyone tell me why this would be, is there a setting I do not know about?

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@kateb,

Probably those posts are being held for moderation? Please check on the Dashboard > Forums > Moderation admin page.

Topic starter
(@kateb)
Eminent Member

No they are not held for moderation. It is set so there is no moderation. I have checked the moderation admin page and they are not there.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @kateb,

I think this issue comes from your server. There are some limits in memory, image processing and file uploading sizes. Here are the PHP parameters that matter:

1. The file uploading max size depends on two parameters. If it's set max 15mb, then the max post size should be set 15mb too. But I recommend set both at least 30 MB in server settings:

• upload_max_filesize = 30M
  • post_max_size = 30M

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-the-maximum-file-upload-size-in-wordpress/

2. If you use wpForo Advanced Attachments addon, you should set it the same size in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons > Attachments page as well.

3. if you don't use the addon, you should set it in Dashboard  >Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts admin page.