wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Profile Photo Sideways Again : Emptied Cache

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@activatevision)
Trusted Member

Hello

We are enjoying the WPFORO software. Thanks for such a great product.

Our forum is finding this issue of the profile photo turning sideways. There are 38 members coming from different desks and browsers. I have emptied the forum cache and encourage browser cache emptying. But we are still having this issue. See screenshot. Help?

6 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

@activatevision

without url to the problem it is difficult to help
the cause is probably a plugin or the Wordpress Theme

but try this

put this CSS Code to custom css

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-wrap .h-picture .avatar {
transform: rotate(90deg);
}

if it doesn't work, try with !important

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-wrap .h-picture .avatar {
transform: rotate(90deg) !important;
}
Topic starter
(@activatevision)
Trusted Member

I appreciate it. I put it in with !important; and it adjusted the profile upright but not the photo in the threads. See screenshots.

How do you suggest I get a link to you when you'll just see the log out state of the site?

https://oceact.org/community/

Thank you again.

1 Reply
Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member
Posted by: @activatevision

but not the photo in the threads.

try this CSS Code

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-post .wpf-left .avatar {
transform: rotate(90deg) !important;
}
Topic starter
(@activatevision)
Trusted Member

Thank you for going in there to look at it. I tried the new code and it fixed the actual thread profile photo while in that specific forum for all photos that were in sideways but it pushed those photos not sideways to the side. So it fixed some and created new problems for the others that were correct in the first place. The profile code did the same thing on the profile photos. So I took out all the CSS code. The display profile photos on closed forums was still sideways for Ben after trying both pieces of code. 

This seems to be a challenge, eh?

I had to delete you in our members registrar to not confuse the admins. But if you go in again I will leave it and explain to them what is going on.

https://oceact.org/community/

Thank you for your help...

Topic starter
(@activatevision)
Trusted Member

Hello,

I'm waiting for your help on this. We still have the same issue. And the code solutions are turning all images sideways while fixing one. So I don't have a solution that accomplishes all photos being upright like they should be. The team is anxious to fix this. Appreciate your help. See all info in reply above from last week. 

Thank you

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@activatevision,

This issue has not any relation to wpForo. This is not wpForo issue. This is the photo taker device and image specific issue. wpForo is not designed to fix photo issues. You should ask your users to upload new photos with smaller size. They should edit those photos and make those smaller, and do some cropping. If a photo is very large, it cannot be rendered by server memory and you see such issues. So there is no support for this issue. The only support is using small photos with small sizes. I'm sure they use large 3-5 MB photos with thousands of pixels resolution. That's wrong. Just let them know to use photos with maximum 50-100KB.