Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] recent posts at top of forum

9 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

A lot of my users do not visit the front end of the site, they lurk on the recent posts page

So I am wondering if there is a way to make the recent posts page better for user epereince. Maybe with reply buttons on the posts it shows so you can reply straight from the recent posts page?

Alternatively, could I add a box above the forum that show the last 5 recent posts? So it can be seen aboce the forum on the front page. 

8 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @percysgrowroom,

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

Alternatively, could I add a box above the forum that show the last 5 recent posts? So it can be seen aboce the forum on the front page. 

There is no way to do that.

So I am wondering if there is a way to make the recent posts page better for user epereince. Maybe with reply buttons on the posts it shows so you can reply straight from the recent posts page?

Try wpForo Recent Posts Widget

2 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@chris I have that at the top of my side bar, but is there a way to embed that at the top of the forum page? Above the forum?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@percysgrowroom,

Can you give a screenshot and mark the place where you want it to be.

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Something like this, I have essentially added the first few posts from the recent posts page to the top of the forum ( excuse the sidebar bit. )

This looks great, and would be really useful to the members too. Is it possible to do this?

selsebil
(@selsebil)
Estimable Member

You can use amr shortcode any widget for this purpose. It shows widgets wherever you want via shortcodes.

1 Reply
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@selsebil I thought about this, but hate the idea of a plug in for this single purpose. 

I think this can be done with code

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Any update in this @Chris Is it possible?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@percysgrowroom,

So there are two ways to make it, the first way is to use a code to make a sidebar under the add field where you can add recent post's widget, but the design of the widget may not be the best.

The second way is custom work, It will be how you want and will have the options you want, but we cannot help you with this option in wpForo support forum, you will need to contact sales[at]gvectors.com for that.