Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Recent posts widget is ignoring the access I set.

18 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@tayo,

All works correct. If you set "Can view forum" to Guest then guest can see all topics of that forum. It doesn't matter the "Can view topic" is disabled or not. The forum viewing has a hierarchy, so if the top level is visible (I mean forum) the sub-content (topics) is automatically become visible.

There is no way to hide topics but show forum list in wpForo. If a user of some usergroup can see the "X" forum, then it can also see all topics of "X" forum. The "Can view forum" dominates on "Can view topic" and the unchecking of "Can view topic" doesn't affect the view permission.

3 Replies
tayo
 tayo
(@tayo)

Trusted Member

Hi @robert,

I know everything you're saying. And I know you're right and I totally agree.
But I'm sorry, you're giving a different answer than the question I asked.
Did you check the picture file I sent you by email?

I'm not talking about the list of topics. I'm talking about the content of the topic.
Unauthorized users must log in to view the contents of the topic.
But, look at the Recent Posts widget.
It shows content without logging in. Is that your widget feature?
If this is included in the feature of your Recent Posts widget, I have nothing more to say.
I'll try to understand it. And will continue to use.
Because I like to use wpforo.

Thank you.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@tayo,

There is no different. If the content is available in topics then it's available in widgets. So if the "Can view forum" is enabled, all content of all topics and posts in that forum will be visible in widgets.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

You should disable "Can view forum" access in the top category and in all sub-forums to hide topics and post contents in widgets for a usergroup.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@tayo,

If we hide these content in the widget, we'll have to hide the titles too. Because the titles are post titles not topic titles. The preventing access to topic content was added recently. Before the "Can view  forum" allowed viewing topics if the forum view is allowed. So this is why the recent post widget still shows the post content.

Whatever, I think we may work on this and add "Can view topic" permission checking dependence in the Recent Posts widget in near future releases.

1 Reply
tayo
 tayo
(@tayo)

Trusted Member

@robert,

I understood your reply clearly. And the news of the widget upgrade is great.
Thank you so much for your kind reply.
Cheers to wpforo. 🍻 

Have a nice day. 😊 

Page 2 / 2