Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Redownload v2.0

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@feassistant)

Hello, I had wpforo on auto-update and I had quite a bit of front end custom css. So needless to say, things are pretty messed up. I saw that there were some action items that we needed to do before updating so I was curious what steps I would need to take to uninstall, and reinstall wpforo without losing all my site's data. 

Thanks in advance. 

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@feassistant,

If the custom css is only related to wpForo then you don't ned it anymore, because the forum theme is changed and the css will not work.

If yo need that custom css for other parts, you can go to Dashboard > wpForo > Themes admin page, switch to the old classic theme and find the custom css in Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Colors and Styles admin page.

Topic starter
(@feassistant)

@robert

If the css cannot affect the forum, then I'm not sure how my forum looks the way it does

https://feassistant.com/

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@feassistant,

It seems we don't understand each other. Please try to explain the issue again. What is your current problem?

(@feassistant)

@robert apologies for not being clear. Wpforo was updated to the newest version and looks all messed up on my site. I figured this was due to my large amount of custom css but when I remove it the forum still looks off when compared to screenshots of what the “out of the box” new version should look like.

So if css is not the cause I figure something else went wrong during the update process?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@feassistant,

I don't see any mess parts in your forum, Everything is looking good. Maybe I have missed something?

(@feassistant)

@chris below is a screenshot of how the formatting looks for me. Aside from the topics and posts overlapping, is this how the new version of the forum looks out of the box?

Topic starter
(@feassistant)

It looks like this is how the new update is supposed to look. I was confused because the images outlining the new layouts in the FAQ were not updated (they are now). So I’ve got it addressed. Thank you!