Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Sharing Button Doesn't Pick Url

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@obeyafriday)

I am using social sharing button on my forum but it doesn't pick current page URL, it only picks main page URL. 

How can I set this please?

My members cannot share my post to social media because if you click on share button, instead to pick the post URL, it will pick home page URL.

Help me solve this issue please.

Second Question:

How can I segment my forums on homepage and sill showing posts as threaded under each forum segments please?

Thanks.

5 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Put the share buttons of that plugin to a side widget.

That way it works.

4 Replies
(@obeyafriday)

Posted by: @dimalifragis

Put the share buttons of that plugin to a side widget.

That way it works.

Thank you very much, it's now working fine.

But I still need two more help please.

1. How can I customise registration and login page in my own way please?

2. I also want to group my news according to forum, I mean, I want all news of politics under politics, entertainment under entertainment, etc, all to be displayed in home page. How can I do do please?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@obeyafriday,

Posted by: @obeyafriday

You can disable wpForo Login and registration page and use other plugins to create your own registration/login pages.

To disable wpForo registration/login pages go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features and disable Replace Registration Page URL to Forum Registration Page URL, Replace Login Page URL to Forum Login Page URL Buttons.

(@obeyafriday)

Posted by: @chris

@obeyafriday,

Posted by: @obeyafriday

You can disable wpForo Login and registration page and use other plugins to create your own registration/login pages.

To disable wpForo registration/login pages go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features and disable Replace Registration Page URL to Forum Registration Page URL, Replace Login Page URL to Forum Login Page URL Buttons.

Which plugin should I use please?

You said I should use other plugin, 

Please, can I have full tutorial on how to do this please?

I want to place this registration form at the top of the forum so that any one who visits the forum will see it clearly.

That wpforo own is difficult for user to navigate.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@obeyafriday,

You can do either, copy the login.php and register.php template files from wpForo templates folder and customize them in update safe way: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/forum-themes/theme-customization/

OR you can install a plugin which provides login and register pages like these: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/register+page/ , in this case, after creating and configuring new login and register pages, you should go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members tab and put the new pages URLs in corresponding fields of the "Custom Authorization URLs" option, this will change all wpForo login and register page URLs to the new pages provided by the new plugin: