Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Slug always converts to "description + number 2")

7 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hi, its so strange or so I think... somehow anytime I check - at a later time after having created either a category or a forum within - the slug I created previously always end up adding a number 2 at the end (see screamshot)

Sometimes I even remember when I check some subforos (I got none to show right now), this have converted itself into slug+2+2

So it usually gets a +2 in the categories and +2+2 in the foros within the category... hence I keep changing the slugs sooooo often

Is there a reason for this at all? Thanks 🙂

6 Replies
mazohho
(@mazohho)

me too…

Exactly the same, not solved

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

All is correct, the slug must be unique,  if you already have the same slug for other form it'll automatically appended with -2 suffix. The third forum with the same slug will be appended with -3 suffix and so on...

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Well, that would make sense Robert IF you got said same slug before but I dont think I have them or even if I got them, as soon as i realised I in purpose change the new slug to a totally brand new one to which again, later on, the same "problem happens"

Also, knowing this problem ocurrs, when I create a new category (slug) I check it couple of times to see that its still okay and the slug remains the same as its only much much later than said slug change

In any case, is there a way or place to see all "existing slugs" to make sure I sort this situation. Even if necesary deleting them all and starting over or in the best possible way. I would like a clean slug site-map sort of speak situation

Thanks 🙂

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

I just realise, if you check the url on the screamshot (sorry for the not so great quality) you can clearly see as the slug DUPLICATES twice on it

thanks 🙂

*btw, look at how many of your documentation pages I got opened 🤣 so please dont think I dont try hard before bothering you guys 🙂

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jesus,

Please leave the example URL. 

Page 1 / 2