wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Stop email notifications

10 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
 Dten
Topic starter
(@dten)

Hello,

do you know if there is a way to stop email notifications (for new topic and new reply) for a specific user and not for others?

Thank you very much!

David

9 Replies
spider
(@spider)
Trusted Member

I came here to ask the same thing 🙂 At least I think it's the same.

A member subscribed almost all forums and getting notified but there's a problem with his email address and I'm getting "mail delivery failed" emails.

I can delete the account but it's an old one and I don't wanna do that. So I just wanna close his subscriptions and getting rid off those unnecessary emails. How can it be done?

3 Replies
st7878
(@aima-forum)

Estimable Member

@spider in your case, you, as an administrator, can log into his account, change his email, reset his password and unsubscribe from mailings instead.

spider
(@spider)

Trusted Member

@aima-forum it's a workaround but still thank you. I'll get what I want.

Edit: I didn't even need to change the email address. Just changed the password from wordpress admin panel and then unsubscribed one by one. Those subscription system needs some change for administration.

st7878
(@aima-forum)

Estimable Member

@spider I agree.  it is necessary for the administrator to be able to control user subscriptions.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Ok, we'll take this under consideration and add some feature to allow admins to manage user subscriptions.

Dten
Topic starter
(@dten)

Thank you for your answers.

In the meantime do you think that it is possible to create a specific role for a user so that he no longer has access to the forum and that he no longer receives noitifications?

To understand my problem: my forum is a paid private forum (I use the Restric Content Pro module) to only give access to members who have paid. The problem is that when a member unsubscribes to my service, he still receive email notifications from the forum. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @dten

In the meantime do you think that it is possible to create a specific role for a user so that he no longer has access to the forum and that he no longer receives noitifications?

Yes, please read these to understand how the forum accesses works with user usergroup and how to create a private forum:

Page 1 / 2