Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Threaded layout issues

11 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Hi, I am trying to find a way so sub forums do not show on the front end when i use the threaded layout. 

Also, the structure is off when using threaded layout, so you cant order them properly. 

For example, on mobile, the list show in the order its set in the forum dashboard. But on the desktop version, the list goes from left to right, instead of top to bottom,so it makes the order of the sections look off.

I hope you know what I mean, but let me know if you need screen shot to explain  

10 Replies
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

I know you'll busy with the last update, but does any have any idea how to hide sub forums on the front end, in threaded layouts? 

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Please leave some screenshot. What sub-forum you mean? wpForo has a toggle to hide thread layout forums. It can be closed by default.  read the documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/threaded-layout/

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert

I have attached a pic, I hope it helps. I only want to show the main sections there, i dont want to hide them all as i like the main sections to be viewable. But having them all there is too much. 

Just main forums would be better. 

Also, the forum are displayed left to right on desktop, but show and downwards on mobile. So its difficult to put them in a order as they layout changes in different devices, how do i fix this? 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

I'm sorry but there is no way to do that. The only way is list all forums with one column with 100% width. But you can't order them from top to bottom and do that with two columns.

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Ok, thanks robert, what about hiding sub forums?

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Please try the solution provided by Astghik and Elvina in this support topic: https://gvectors.com/forum/general-questions/is-there-a-way-to-hide-pinned-posts-in-this-layout/#post-21199

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Thanks Sofy, but this aint what i mean. I don't want to hide the topics, I want to hide the sub forums in that section

or example, I want "equipment" to show on the front, but not , "lighting". Guides being the category, equipment being the forum, and lighting being the sub forum. 

I want to be able to hide lighting and other sub forums on the front end. 

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Hi, Ive made a pic to help explain

In the "stoner discussions" section in simplified layout, you can see that it does not show the sub-sub forums. 

In that section, there is news and politics, podcast and videos, but they do not show on the front end. 

I would like the threaded layout to do the same thing. I don't want to hide all of the sections, just the sub-sub forums. 

Then if someone clicks on "Equipment" for example, they will then see the sub forums when they are in that section of the forum. Rather than seeing "grow Tents, " Lighting" on the front page.

I hope this help explain what i mean 🙂 

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

I'm really sorry, but no way to do this. 

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@sofy Thats all good, ill find another way around it then 🙂