Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Topic View Count Not Updating (Showing Unrealistic Count)

17 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter
(@aldinlapinig)
Eminent Member

UPDATE:

Here's the realtime count

Here's a video of the purging and refresh of the page showing no increase on the topic view count. 

VIDEO

Thanks.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

1. Please note, the topic view count doesn't change live-time. wpForo doesn't delete cache on for each page-view. Saying cache, I mean wpForo cache, it's can be deleted in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page. It's better to turn off wpForo cache if you want  to check it. Please turn off all cache types in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page:

• Memory cache
  • Object Cache
  • HTML Cache

2. Also the same visitor is logged only one time, it doesn't matter how many times he/she visits the topic page.

So I think your test is not correct becomes of these two aspects.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You should turn off all wpForo caches and test with new browsers, each time with new browser (which has never opened the topic page)

(@nando4)
Estimable Member

@Robert, have you guys had a chance to count guest views of a topic? My testing showing guest views are still not being counted.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: nando4

@Robert, have you guys had a chance to count guest views of a topic? My testing showing guest views are still not being counted.

It's being counted for sure. It was added very long time ago. You should make sure these options are enabled in Forums > Settings > Features admin pag:

• Log Viewed Forums and Topics
  • Track Forum and Topic Current Viewers

Test with other (not used) browsers and devices.

(@nando4)
Estimable Member

@Robert, both those settings are enabled. I'm using Google Analytics and notice for one topic it's getting 700 distinct views over a day. Wpforo has recorded 2100 views over 6 months. It's incorrect by a large margin.

I do have LS cache running. Would that affect wpforo's view count?

Page 2 / 3