Clear all

[Solved] Updating Usergroup Name

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@aaronmckeon)
Trusted Member

I just changed one of our usergroup names from "VIP Supporter" to "Key Supporter".  However, although people's individual user profiles are now showing the correct label, any historical posts in the forums are still showing the old label.  Is this a cache issue or will historical posts always have the old label?  Thanks.

-- Aaron

Topic Tags
8 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

H @aaronmckeon,

That's not the Usergroup Name, it's the member's Rating Name:

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Member Rating, and find the VIP Supporter.

7 Replies
(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@chris I just checked and VIP Supporter does not appear anywhere on that page.  In fact, we aren't using member ratings or badges (they are both disabled).

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@aaronmckeon,

Ok in that case that's the Member's Primary Usergroup, check which Usergroup is the primary and which is the Secondary.

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@chris Can you tell me how to check if they have a secondary usergroup?  I'm not sure why they would because our users are only assigned one WordPress role, and these roles are then auto-synchronized to wpForo.  The example user we've been looking at would have the tier_3 role in WordPress and the "Key Supporter" usergroup in wpForo.

I've attached some more screenshots, one of which includes the example user's listing under Members.

-- Aaron

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@aaronmckeon,

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Overview, and press Delete user cache button.

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@chris Unfortunately this did not fix the issue.  I tried it twice, and waited quite a while to give it plenty of time to work.  The old label "VIP Supporter" is still coming up on replies.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@aaronmckeon,

Please provide admin access, need to check your forum, from Dashboard.

Send the Admin Credentials to info[at]gvectors.com, mention this topic in the email, and let me know here that you have sent the email.

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@chris It appears the labels are coming up correct now.  Perhaps it just needed more time to fully update?  Let me know if you still want admin access.