URL to Register for a particular User Group?
Love the plugin! I've been able to figure out how to do everything I wanted to do, except for one last thing.
Here's what I have setup so far...
- Anyone can read/post to this forum
WALMART FORUM (not actual name)
- Only users in the "Walmart" user group can read/post to this forum.
TARGET FORUM (not actual name)
- Only users in the "Target" user group can read/post to this forum.
Someone assigned to the "Walmart" user group will see the General Forum & Walmart Forum.
Someone assigned to the "Target" user group will see the General Forum & Target Forum.
When someone registers, they by default just see the General Forum.
So far so good!
Here's what I need...
Right now I have to manually enter user information, then manually assign the user to either the "Target" or "Walmart" forum.
What I WANT to do is have a custom (secret) URL that a Walmart supervisor can pass along to the employees under him/her. If someone registers at that (secret) URL, they'll automatically be assigned to the "Walmart" user group... and thus see the Walmart Forum.
Can someone please point me to instructions for how to setup custom registration URLs like that?
* Again, I don't actually have a forum for Walmart & Target employees... I'm just using that for clarity.
There is not any ways to do this. This requires lots of custom work and a custom addon.
The only workaround is using wpForo User Custom Fields addon and put those usergroups in the user registration form, so users can choose which usergroup they want to be attached. Those usergroups should be secondary usergroups (edit and check the "can be used as secondary").
Here is an example of UCF addon registration form allowing people to choose their secondary usergroups: https://addons.wpforo.com/community/?foro=signup
That might actually work fine for my needs - thanks for explaining so clearly.
Is it by chance possible to have two registration forms?
1) Normal Registration form for the general public (that people see if they click "Register" button), with just the default form fields.
2) Second Registration form (at a secret URL), which includes a custom field allowing them to specify whether they're signing up for the Walmart or Target forum.
If not, that's ok... but if there's a way to set something like that up that would be ideal (since it would keep the general public out of my private forums).