Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] User Custom Fields data

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@offercreek)

Hello, I recently signed up for the forum for my site https://physiciantycoon.com. I've been very happy with the service, it's been much better than anything else I looked at. I also purchased the custom user info addon, Thank you guys for building this great tool! 

I have a question about where I can find the user data for the custom fields i've added in the registration. Where is this info stored and displayed for me as the admin? 

Thanks,

Rob 

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you @offercreek,

All custom field data are stored as a serialized array in WordPress database wp_wpforo_profiles table's fields column. When you create a custom fields you should add those custom fields on according profile pages too. For example on user profile page or on user account page. If those are already added you can simply navigate to that user account page and see all information.

For further support please open a support topic at gVectors Support forum. Here we only support the free core wpForo plugin.

1 Reply
(@offercreek)

Thanks for the feedback, I was able to display the info on the users pages. I was looking for some documentation on how I can access the info they entered, We have a validation we need to run on one of the fields before they can access the forums. 

Topic starter
(@offercreek)

I went into my wpforo_profiles field in the Database and I can export the info. I have 3 custom fields and the entries are all lumped into one, Here is an example 

{"field_6f846eb":"Rob Carroll","field_19d9510":"123456565443","field_a45dbe6":"UMass"}

This makes exporting and managing the data very difficult, i'd appreciate some help on the right way to do this. 

Thanks,

Rob  

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you @offercreek

As I mentioned in my post above, for further support please open a support topic at gVectors Support forum. Here we only support the free core wpForo plugin.

(@mayecreate)

I know this is from a while ago, but did anyone find a way to export users with the custom field data in an effective way?