9 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@vitthal79)
Trusted Member

Hello,

I tried many times, not done.

I want one my user role to be added multiple usergroups...

I can see this screen of synchronization as attached ,

In that below second table , it shows  that Sync is done, but when i click any member and goes to dashboard user , no user has granted secondary usergroup

Basically , I want I want one my user role to be added multiple usergroups...

Please tell how to do

8 Replies
1 Reply
(@vitthal79)

Trusted Member

attached 2nd screenshot

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

The Scondary Usergroup is not synched with Roles, it's used to provide more accesses in wpForo Forums. wpForo Forum accesses only vbased on Usergroups and Secondary Usergroups. You should set Secondary usergoups manually. They'll be added in synchronization in future releases.

2 Replies
(@pasadmin)

@robert When will this be done?  I am in desperate need of syncing secondary Usergroups with roles.

Thanks,

William

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@pasadmin,

I'm sorry but this is not in our priority list. I can't say any date. I'll try to push it upper in our to-do list.

Topic starter
(@vitthal79)
Trusted Member

Manually ?...

Is there any way to add users in secondary usergroup in bulk..

manually addition will take lots of time to add one one user separately .

My question , putting  diffrently .....

I want users who have multiple forum participation , should have different forum access in each forum . Like one user should have access to do private messages in one forum , but same user should not do private messages in another forum. All in bulk users kind of.

What can I do for it ?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Is there any way to add users in secondary usergroup in bulk..

I'm sorry but there is no bulk option to set Secondary usergroups. We'll add it in future releases.

I want users who have multiple forum participation , should have different forum access in each forum . Like one user should have access to do private messages in one forum , but same user should not do private messages in another forum. All in bulk users kind of.

Please note that WP User Roles like subscriber, contributes, author, editor, etc don't have any affection in forum accesses. They are not used in forum. They are synched with forum Usergroups. And forum Usergroups are used to get different accesses to different forums.

Secondary Usergroups have the same power like the Primary Usergroup. It allows to set multiple Usergroups to the same user. For example if Usergroup A has access to Forum A and Usergroup B has access to Forum B and you want UserAB to have accesses to both Forum A and B you should add UserAB primary Usergroup A and Secondary Usergroup B or vice versa. Thus this user will have accesses to both forums.

Using Secondary Usergroup you can not restrict accesses in forums, you only can add accesses in forums.

And yes, you should set them manually, wpForo doesn't know what access you'd like to grant to specific user, this is always managed by admins, this is normal.

(@bjornarfjelldal)
Eminent Member

Is it in some way possible to sync secondary user groups / bulk add them now?

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@bjornarfjelldal,

Please open a separate topic and provide a little more information on what you want to do.