Clear all

[Solved] Usergroup not updating according to mapping with role

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@ldpconnect)
Eminent Member

I'm having trouble getting the mapping from WP Role to WPforo usergroup to work properly.  I have a user in a "subscriber" role which is mapped to a "member" usergroup.  Even after doing the synch, the member usergroup is not showing for the user.  Below is a video of what I mean.  Can you help me figure out what might be going on?  Thanks!

https://www.loom.com/share/5645b3841a50472692f2361a7b67195f

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @ldpconnect,

Please navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Overview, and Press "Synch User Profiles" button.

Please check which usergroups have the problem with viewing the Forum. It's only "Member" or there are others as well.

And what Plugins do you have which can affect on Users?

2 Replies
(@ldpconnect)

Eminent Member

@chris Yes I've pressed the synch button many times, as indicated in my post above, but the user continues to not be in the group he's mapped to. The only plugin I can see that might affect user roles is WP fusion, but I have that set to move a user into a WPforo usergroup based on a tag (which also isn't working).

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ldpconnect,

Posted by: @ldpconnect

The only plugin I can see that might affect user roles is WP fusion, but I have that set to move a user into a WPforo usergroup based on a tag (which also isn't working).

Not Sure about it but, can you deactivate it, and check again.

Posted by: @chris

Please check which usergroups have the problem with viewing the Forum. It's only "Member" or there are others as well.

?

Topic starter
(@ldpconnect)
Eminent Member

It's very strange; it seems to be working now.   Sometimes it moves people out of the usergroup I give them.  I only have two groups: "active" with access, and "No Access" without it.  I guess we can consider this issue closed for the moment.  Thanks for your help.