Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Users that wish to no longer recieve notifications for a particular topic?

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

I'm getting an increasing number of users on our forum who will create a topic, and the topic ends up becoming popular, and sometime later the original poster is wanting to remove themselves from receiving any further bell and email notifications for the particular topic they created.

Does anyone here have any creative suggestions on how I could accommodate users who are wanting this? (without resorting to closing their topic)

8 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @novedd,

That user can unsubscribe from the topic, to stop email notifications. And if the replies are not to his post but in the topic, the user won't get notification email or bell notification.

2 Replies
(@novedddd)

Trusted Member

Posted by: @chris

Hi @novedd,

That user can unsubscribe from the topic, to stop email notifications. And if the replies are not to his post but in the topic, the user won't get notification email or bell notification.

From my understanding, if a user creates a topic, they are then subscribed permanently to email notifications to that topic, right? Again, I'm not referring to a user who's a participant of any topic.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@novedd,

if the user is not subscribed to his topic, the user would get email notification, only if another user posts a reply in the topic by using the reply button under the post. But if the second user uses the bottom reply field, the topic creator won't get email notification.

(@cotner)
Estimable Member

You can turn off email notifications in your profile by clicking the little bell to "mute" them... But I have found that there is no way to stop the bell notifications.

1 Reply
(@novedddd)

Trusted Member

@cotner Does the original poster also receive an email an notice that has the "unsubscribe link" at the footer of the email?

(@cotner)
Estimable Member

@noved

From what I know, individuals need to turn off the email notifications in their profile. Then they will no longer get emails for topics they started. (This is separate from subscribing) But they will always get the bell notifications.

2 Replies
(@novedddd)

Trusted Member

Posted by: @cotner

@noved

From what I know, individuals need to turn off the email notifications in their profile. Then they will no longer get emails for topics they started. (This is separate from subscribing) But they will always get the bell notifications.

Right, but doing that will then turn off notifications for ALL emails, which isn't what I was referring to. I am just speaking in terms of a particular email topic notification that the original poster wishes to turn off that they created.

Can the admins please chime in here on whether this is possible? Can the original poster somehow turn off email notifications for a particular topic that they created? Again, I'm not referring to turning off email notifications for other topics and posts that they are subscribed to or turning off email notifications for whenever they are mentioned for other topics. Just a specific topic that they created, so when other users continue to reply to it, they can disable those email notifications. Is this possible?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@novedd,

Posted by: @chris

if the user is not subscribed to his topic, the user would get email notification, only if another user posts a reply in the topic by using the reply button under the post. But if the second user uses the bottom reply field, the topic creator won't get email notification.