Clear all

[Closed] Wordpress password reset error caused by WPforo

9 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@fmantillo)

Hello.

It turns out that if I want to reset my password on my Wordpress website, I enter my email and click on "reset password". At that moment, an error caused by WPForo appears:

f I go into Wordpress and disable the WPForo plugin, the above error goes away and I can reset my password with no problem.

I have disabled the WPForo plugin option that says "Replace Reset Password Page URL to Forum Reset Password Page URL", but it still gives the same error.

How can I solve that?

The error that appears is the following:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function reset() on null in /home/customer/www/escuelaonlinedeaikido.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/classes/Cache.php:231 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/escuelaonlinedeaikido.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/includes/functions.php(1823): wpforo\classes\Cache->clean(8, 'avatar', Array) #1 /home/customer/www/escuelaonlinedeaikido.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/classes/Members.php(1751): wpforo_clean_cache('avatar', 8) #2 /home/customer/www/escuelaonlinedeaikido.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/classes/Members.php(108): wpforo\classes\Members->reset(8) #3 /home/customer/www/escuelaonlinedeaikido.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): wpforo\classes\Members->wpforo\classes\{closure}(8) #4 /home/customer/www/escuelaonlinedeaikido.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #5 /home/customer/www/escuelaonlinedeaikido.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array in /home/customer/www/escuelaonlinedeaikido.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/classes/Cache.php on line 231

Thank you very much.

Greetings.

F. Mantillo

8 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @fmantillo,

Update to wpForo 2.1.1 version.

MarM
(@marm)

Hi Chris,

I'm running a 2.1.5 version and have the same issue. Any suggestion. Thankx

6 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@marm,

please provide forum URL.

MarM
(@marm)

@chris 

actually I'm still working the project and I'm doing tests. One of my user tried to reset the password and in the end he got a wpforum page with a banner message saying ...... your account needs approval but there is not such a warning for the Admin. Once I disabled wpforum the Ultimate Members reset function runs perfectly.   

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@marm,

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Members > Inactive, there are the inactive users(those users which didn't confirm their email.)

MarM
(@marm)

@chris,

it works. Nice work around. Any suggestion on how to avoid this issue? 

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@marm,

Navigate to wpForo > Settings > Login and Registration and disable "Enable User Manually Approval System

MarM
(@marm)

@chris I noticed that wpforo seems to interfere with "forgot your password" function under wordpress. I had to desctivate wpforo plugin to make it working properly. Is there any setting I have to work to solve the issue ?