Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] WPForo disregards access rights for guests?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@lextale)

I have set only view access for Guests, but they can post comments, topics etc. I have checked everything. The forum only gives them view access. See pictures below. I cannot figure out why they can still post.

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@lextale)

picture 2

picture 3

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@lextale,

Could you please explain how you have deleted the Guest usergroup with ID=4?

By default, wpForo has a non-editable Guset usergroup with ID=4 which should never be removed, because it's not a usergroup for users, it's an internal group for website visitors (not loggedin visitors).

Now your forum cannot work correctly. You've removed the Guest usergroup and create a Moderation usergroup with ID=4.

Solutions

1. Remove all usergroups excerpt the Admin and Moderator.
  2. Change the name of Moderator usergroup to Guest (in the database or somehow, the same way as you've changed it before), set read-only access to the new Guest usergroup. Make sure the ID is 4. Once you have got a Guset usergroup with read-only access and with ID=4 do the next step.
  3. Now you can create other usergroups and set forum accesses as you want.

Guest Usergroup Permissions and Read-Only Access

The Guest usergroup should have the following permissions:

The Read Only Usergroup should have the following accesses:

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Don't forget to set the Default Usergroup some usergroup which have a Standard forum access. If you don't have one, create it.

The default usergroup should not be Admin, Moderator or Guest. it should have Standard Forum Access.