Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] WPForo + User Custom Fields - Registration form entries are not posting

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@arvopart)

Hey,

Can you help me figure out why my additional fields are not being POSTed on registration submit?

I have a custom implementation of WPForo that accepts an input from jQuery, but everything is working with the exception of the data being  sent. 

I am using the setup that allows the user to set their own password. Below is the Header payload. Fields not present here are: display_name (wpfreg_display_name), and a custom field (data_field_1f5e0aa).

I am dynamically adding data to both fields via their ID (#wpfreg_display_name). Is there something I'm missing where the actual field name isn't receiving my data? I should also mention both fields are locked before the send is initiated. 

I went through the php files for both wpforo and the plugin and I have a couple of ideas, but if you could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it!

------   HEADER RESPONSE  BELOW   ------

wpforo:signup

------WebKitFormBoundaryNaDngKSDDzaDQkTq
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="wpfreg[user_login]"

testusername
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="wpfreg[user_email]"

test@test.com
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="wpfreg[user_pass1]"

password
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="wpfreg[user_pass2]"

password
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="security"

l7gso92hp4
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="_wp_http_referer"

/community/?wpforo=signup
------WebKitFormBoundaryNaDngKSDDzaDQkTq--

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi arvopart,

I'm sorry but I didn't follow you. Do you use wpForo User Custom Fields addon? If so why you're writing custom code on registration form? This addon allows to do that in Dashboard > Forums > User Fields admin page, just navigate to Registration Form tab and customize the form.

For farther support please open a support topic in gVectors Store support forum. This is the free core support community, we don't support addons here.

1 Reply
(@arvopart)

I figured it out after reading the docs further