Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Extended Layout with Threaded Topic Replies

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@scottott)

I've tried to implement the tip elsewhere on this forum of copying the post.php file from the Threaded Layout (#4) template folder to the Extended Layout (#1) folder (after deleting the original). That resulted in duplicate replies. I need step-by-step documentation from someone who doesn't assume any technical knowledge on the part of the reader.

The Extended Layout looks best on the main forum page, and indented replies make sense on topic pages. This seems like an industry standard, but so far, I have not been able to trick WPForo into doing it. Help, and thank you.

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@scottott,

We're really sorry, but there is no easy solution we can post here. By simply copying the file you'll not get the result. you should also add custom codes. 

Currently, we have plugin customization and custom addon development services at the gVectors Team. They can assess the work and create it for you. I'd suggest you contact us via sales[at]gvectors.com email address and send a list of requirements you'd like to have. They'll help you with this kind of customization. 

1 Reply
(@scottott)

@sofy I appreciate you getting back to me, but I don't plan to hire someone from the plugin maker to customize the code so that the WPForo forums can do what Internet forums have done for a couple of decades. That said, WPForo is a pretty terrific product and I'm hopeful that the designers will soon realize that it's possible to a assign one layout template to the main page, and a different one to a topic page. This is a feature I'm willing to pay extra for, but previous forays into custom code have just meant long-term issues and escalating expenses.