Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] forum updates

18 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@ark123aa)

Why when new themes are added does not show, you need to press CTRL+F5 what was updated, what is the problem?

17 Replies
4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @ark123aa

Why when new themes are added does not show, you need to press CTRL+F5 what was updated, what is the problem?

You mean new Wordpress theme added? Or change a wpForo theme (extended etc etc)?

You do not seem to have any caching plugin running, judging from your url.

How often you change themes? Is there anything else NOT updating in wpForo?

(@ark123aa)

@dimalifragis When I add a new forum, it does not show it until I press CTRL+F5

(@ark123aa)

(@ark123aa)

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

URL?

1 Reply
(@ark123aa)

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

ok, it appears you have enabled the "turn WP to wpForo". So you do not need fastest cache or any caching. 

Disable that plugin and try again (after clearing your browser cache). Also keep in mind that Firefox can be an issue with caching in general.

3 Replies
(@ark123aa)

@dimalifragis No I didn't turn it on "turn WP to wpForo"

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@dimalifragis No I didn't turn it on "turn WP to wpForo"

But everything leads to your forums, home page, /forum/ url. Do you have anything else in your WP? Blog or anything?

In any case disable fastest cache and try again.

But seems strange to me that you have Forums as Home and also /forum/ also working, without that option enabled.

(@ark123aa)

@dimalifragis I disabled the fastest cache and the same thing, it is not updated until I press CTRL+F5. and this is on any page, not only on the main page

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@ark123aa,

your browser has been affected by your cache plugin. So the problem reason is either, the browser cache or the server side cache. In both cases, you should do a deep clean of cache or check it with different browser.

BTW, instead of deactivating the cache plugin you just need to exclude the forum page from your cache plugin, here is the instruction: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

6 Replies
(@ark123aa)

@robert I log in from a phone from which I haven 't visited the site yet , add a topic on the forum , refresh the page and it doesn 't show , you need to delete the cache on the phone every time you visit the site

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@robert I log in from a phone from which I haven 't visited the site yet , add a topic on the forum , refresh the page and it doesn 't show , you need to delete the cache on the phone every time you visit the site

Cellphone browsers have a VERY HARD cache. Do not test with a cellphone.

And since wpForo doesn't suffer from such an issue, as Robert said, it is either a browser issue (some browser plugin maybe?) or maybe a server-wide cache.

Try it with Chrome?

Or your Theme has a build in cache (some do, they have a small cache) ?

(@ark123aa)

@dimalifragis I deleted all plugins, it is not updated from the computer either, so try to create a topic on the forum. loghin : cucu.89@inbox.ru pass: 525712

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@dimalifragis I deleted all plugins, it is not updated from the computer either, so try to create a topic on the forum. loghin : cucu.89@inbox.ru pass: 525712

If the issue is with topics/posts also, then it is definitely a caching issue somewhere. Ask your hoster about it.

(@ark123aa)

@dimalifragis is this how it should be on wpforo?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@dimalifragis is this how it should be on wpforo?

Yes. wpForo has its own automatic caching.