Notifications
Clear all

Script [Solved] Can I skip the users migration?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hello,

I have a phpbb3 forum which I'm trying to migrate to wpforo. 

I've installed the migration tool and activated it, than filled the database connections and I run the migration.

I'm stuck with the below error, because the users which are in migration are already in my wordpress site, but I cannot delete them, because they have created articles and posts.

Error: username or email already exists into our forum.

My questions is: Can I only migrate the forums, but no users, because they are already synchronized and present into the hyw_wpforo_profiles table.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Vilian

2 Answers

@vilian,

If the users have been migrated from phpBB to WordPress, then you can skip this step. Otherwise, you cannot. You can check this by opening the wp_wpforo_mg2wpforo table and checking for a connection between the old and new users

In case you want to say thank you 😊
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Vilian Topic starter 19/05/2024 6:18 pm

Hello @sofy ,

I'm already using a plugin which is synchronizing user profiles between phpbb3 and WordPress. Once a user is created in phpbb3, the same is being automatically created in WordPress as well. 

Now, when I use the migration tool, it won't let me to migrate the users, because they are already existing in WordPress and already synchronized with wpforo. I can see that they have been added into the wpforo groups and it's totally fine. But I don't see how I can migrate the forums, because I don't have any button or way to skip the user migration step and to go directly to the forum migration.

Would you please advise?

Hi,

This depends on the users' connection between old and new tables and whether the user exists or not.

You may have two users with the same email, which is likely why the rest of the users haven't been migrated. We cannot assist with this issue directly. We suggest backing up the database, then make the migration to see if it works.

For further assistance, you can contact our pro-support for paid services: https://wpforo.com/pro-support/#migration

In case you want to say thank you 😊
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Vilian Topic starter 22/05/2024 12:41 pm

Hello @sofy ,

Thanks. I did it by renaming only the users having posts in WordPress, than deleting all the rest and ran the migration. This time it was fine. Thanks for your support!