wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] New wpForo

15 Posts
8 Users
1 Likes
Vít Hofman
Topic starter
(@vit-hofman)
Estimable Member

Are you really planning to release a new version of the forum you mentioned some time ago?

Thx.

14 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

@vit-hofman Good question.... it has become a joke between the mod and admin team on my forum now, they think its never going to happen and anytime i bring it up the make a joke out of it " yer when it comes in 2029"

Seriously man, been waiting a very long time for it now, it would be good to get some results as it sees like we are just being led along at this point......

I need to update all of my gvectors plugins, 13 of them, but i refuse to do it until we get 2.0. I hope everyone else who uses paid add ons does the same 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Sure, wpForo 2.0 is coming very soon. As I've already mentioned In my previous post, we're planning to release the beta version by end of this month.

The core of wpForo plugin has been 90% changed. The theme and four forum layouts are fully updated. So I can say the 2.0 developed from scratch. In other words, we're creating a new forum plugin during the last 8-9 months, and we're close to release it. This is the main reason why it took so long (I'm not talking about big holidays and three different covid cases in our team).

12 Replies
VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@robert
"The theme and four forum layouts are fully updated"

How much will this affect our theme customisations and code snippets? How will the beta be released? Will we be able to download it for testing ourselves?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @verek,
This is a major version update, there is no way to keep your customizations. All your theme customizations will be lost.
And yes, we'll let you do beta test. The beta version will be released in our website for beta testers by end of this month.

VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@robert

To clarify, most if not all CSS selectors will change / be lost between 1.9 and 2.0?

(@galos)

Trusted Member

@robert Are you able to inform us if version 2.0 will offer all of the functionality as the current version? Or will wpForo be releasing the software with limited capabilities until the remainder of the code is functional? Curious to know if you could share what features will not be moving, or available, in 2.0 and what 2.0 brings to the table? Thank you

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@verek, 80% of CSS selectors have been changed.

@galos, It'll have all current features and many more. We'll provide more information in wpForo Community by end of this month

VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@Chris

Wow. So those of use who spent a significant amount of time and effort to style and craft custom functions for our forums will land up with broken sites upon updating.

It will also invalidate about 90% of the previous support replies on this forum as most of such refer to now deprecated selectors.

Any chance of a 2.0 new feature list to preview before the Beta drops so we can see what we are in for?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@verek,
No, you can select the old wpForo theme and have 100% CSS selectors working, so you'll have old view with your customized CSS code. If you select the new 2022 wpForo theme, you'll expect loosing all customization. So you'll have option to keep your customization.

VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@Chris
Thanks for the clarification Chris. That will make it easier to clone the forum using the new theme and finding the new selectors to customize.

adisaputro
(@adisaputro)

Estimable Member

@robert It's May now, any update on this?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

No update yet. Please wait... We're preparing the beta version for beta testers. The beta version will not be added in wordpress.org plugin directory. We'll provide a link to download a beta version and test it in a copy of your website. You should not install it on your live website.

gsmdahisi
(@gsmdahisi)

Eminent Member

@robert

So, will this update feature such as changing ranks *.gif-*.png etc.?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @gsmdahisi,
I'm sorry, but the reputation badges will be represented with Font Awesome icons in v2 as well. There'll not be any option to change icons to gif or png, you can use hundreds of FA icons, but you cannot use images. For an advanced user ranking features, you should check out the wpForo myCRED Integration addon with the myCRED plugin.