[Closed] wpForo 1.3.0 is released!

67 Posts
10 Users
26 Likes
41.4 K Views
antonM
(@antonm)
Estimable Member

My first impressions after update to 1.3.0.

The bugs which I have described in this post still not fixed in release 1.3.0! I have fixed their manually again 🙁

The flush_rewrite rules function bug fix is likely works. I am testing it now with Pods plugin...

I have enabled 

• Member cache
  • Object Cache
  • HTML Cache

but in mentioned directory I see only files of cached SQL queries. No any cached HTML files. So the second load of page really decrease number of queries but not dramatically. For example from 160 to 120 queries. The page regenerated each time. I don't understand why does HTML cache not work like in WP Super Cache?

Posted : 27/05/2017 5:02 pm
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@antonM

You are right that while sql queries are less, not by that much. I would say 10-15% less.

Also i see html cache created but not for the whole page, just the wpForo part. Apparently they have their own way to cache things.

Posted : 27/05/2017 7:49 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Why you test it without memory Cache? This is the 30% of result. Please enable the three caches and test it again. Test the forum home page (HTML cache is only available for forum home yet, it's under development...). Then test other pages. You'll see tremendous different on home and on other pages. But please enable the three caches (memory, object,html). I'll continue this discussion once you did it.

Also please make sure you check only wpForo SQLs not whole page loading processes.

Thank you.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 27/05/2017 8:03 pm
antonM reacted
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: Anonymous20

@antonM

You are right that while sql queries are less, not by that much. I would say 10-15% less.

Forum home page: 90% (memory, object, html)

Topic and Post page: 60%-70% (only memory and object cache)

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 27/05/2017 8:06 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Also test it with increasing the number of posts in topic. For example 2 posts then 6 posts then 15 posts. After submitting a new post call the same topic again to see the cached result.

1.2.0 was adding 10-12 SQL with each new reply

1.3.0 adds 1 or max 2 (you may have maximum 10-15 post on the same page so it's not increasing unlimitedly, pagination breaks it)

Posted : 27/05/2017 8:27 pm
antonM reacted
antonM
(@antonm)
Estimable Member

Posted by: Robert

Why you test it without memory Cache? This is the 30% of result. Please enable the three caches and test it again.

Sorry, I thought that Memory Cache uses Memcache or other PHP RAM-cache module. The name of this option is not clear for me. Just enable it. Works really better! I will wait for such optimization for another pages.

Also please make sure you check only wpForo SQLs not whole page loading processes.

Yes, I always monitor only wpForo queries. Now:

Plugin: wpforo 61 queries - for Home page.

Robert, could you please also look at number of queries in admin part of WP. On each page in admin part wpForo makes near 64 queries. Is it possible to restrict wpForo loading only on its specific and some system pages?

Thank you!

Posted : 27/05/2017 8:38 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

One more thing:

Please make sure the "Enable Output Buffer" option is turned on in Forums > Settings > Features admin page. If this is disabled the HTML cache will not work on home page. Maybe it's disabled, because we expect 15-20 SQL on home, no more...

Robert, could you please also look at number of queries in admin part of WP. On each page in admin part wpForo makes near 64 queries. Is it possible to restrict wpForo loading only on its specific and some system pages?

Sure we're working on this as well. But we only see a few SQLs on other dashboard pages. Could you please specify which admin page generates 64 wpForo SQL?

Posted : 27/05/2017 8:55 pm
antonM reacted
antonM
(@antonm)
Estimable Member

One more thing:

Please make sure the "Enable Output Buffer" option is turned on in Forums > Settings > Features admin page. If this is disabled the HTML cache will not work on home page.  

Thank you Robert! This option was disabled and I turned it on.

It is no matter which page I load. The number of queries are stable on any loaded page (~64 queries) in WP admin. On frontend the number of queries are vary from 5 to 10 on pages not related to wpForo.

Posted : 28/05/2017 2:20 pm
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I also see that in 1,3 the problem of Subscriber's lost top menu black bar  has not been solved. With wpForo enabled there is no such option.

Posted : 28/05/2017 3:30 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: Anonymous20

I also see that in 1,3 the problem of Subscriber's lost top menu black bar  has not been solved. With wpForo enabled there is no such option.

What was the issue? Could you please specify it again. wpForo has an option to enable/disable this bar for regular users, option name is "Show Admin Bar for Members". You can turn it off in Forums > Settings > Features admin page.

Posted : 28/05/2017 5:21 pm
(@albla)

Hi Robert,

I said: I do NOT have ftp connection. NO FTP.

Manual update, please, help.

Thank you

Posted : 28/05/2017 5:27 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: albla

Hi Robert,

I said: I do NOT have ftp connection. NO FTP.

Manual update, please, help.

Thank you

Please read this again. The first word is "Why", I just updated:

https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-3-0-is-released/paged/3/#post-9572

Plugins are being updated in WordPress Dashboard > Plugins admin page like it mentioned in my post. Do you know about this?

Posted : 28/05/2017 6:01 pm
antonM
(@antonm)
Estimable Member

What was the issue? Could you please specify it again. wpForo has an option to enable/disable this bar for regular users, option name is "Show Admin Bar for Members". You can turn it off in Forums > Settings > Features admin page.

I believe that the problem next. When this option is turned on the admin bar always displayed on top even for guests. Early I suggested a fix but it was not implemented as well as bugfixes for ajax.js:

in file: wpf-hooks.php

change:

if( !is_super_admin() ) show_admin_bar(wpforo_feature('user-admin-bar'));

to:

if( !is_super_admin() && is_user_logged_in() ) show_admin_bar(wpforo_feature('user-admin-bar'));

After that the admin bar works properly on forum page.

Posted : 28/05/2017 6:14 pm
antonM
(@antonm)
Estimable Member

I believe that public bug tracker for report the bugs and features requests will be a good option then post their here on forum.  

Posted : 28/05/2017 6:18 pm
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Also i see now that in 1.3 whatever non-existent url you write within wpForo structure, you don't get a 404 but a 301 (moved permanently) and redirected to home of the forum.

Not sure if this is the correct way to handle 404.

Posted : 28/05/2017 6:58 pm
VeganOstomy reacted
Page 4 / 5