Clear all

[Closed] wpForo 1.3.0 is released!

67 Posts
10 Users
26 Likes
41.4 K Views
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

A very minnor visual problem with 1.3, there is a space missing somewhere .....

Posted : 25/05/2017 12:12 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: Anonymous20

A very minnor visual problem with 1.3, there is a space missing somewhere .....

Thank you for letting us know. This will be fixed in next version.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 25/05/2017 5:00 pm
antonM
(@antonm)
Estimable Member

Anonymous20, I believe you can fix it via template file. 

Posted : 25/05/2017 5:07 pm
OMTesla
(@omtesla)

Hi

Wanted to tell a little of my exp after update.

First after update every time i visited some member profile or forum topic i was redirected to an archive with my recent WP posts. Solved by going to Settings>Permalinks and press save changes to update them.

Second thing just observed in online members widget the members was stuck to 4 all day i go in Forums>Dashboard press Delete All Caches and it begin to show proper number of online members even in dashboard, not sure if this is temporary maybe will need to do this from time to time.

The rest of Forums work well and a little faster than before, thank you.

Posted : 25/05/2017 5:22 pm
Robert reacted
(@nando4)
Estimable Member

@Robert, the Online Members widget on the wpforo sidebar no longer shows users for non-logged in view. Just a big blank area.

I've followed other's advice in this thread: delete caches, disabled wpforo caches, re-saved permalinks but to no avail. I have no additional wordpress cache plugins active.

How do I roll back to 1.2.0 safely as a workaround?

Posted : 25/05/2017 6:34 pm
(@nando4)
Estimable Member

@Robert, I had a queued post awaiting moderator approval. Once approved, the Online Members widget appears for non-logged in users. How can I fix this?

Posted : 25/05/2017 7:12 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Hi iTesla and nando4,

Please try to disable HTML cache in Forums > Settings > Features admin page (for both issues). Then navigate to Forums > Dashboard and click on [Delete all caches] button and test it again.

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 26/05/2017 2:23 am
(@albla)

Hi all,

I do not have ftp connection, how can I upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 with manual copy?

Thanks

Posted : 26/05/2017 8:19 am
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@Robert

The above post is Awaiting for moderation but i can see it (and everybody else i guess).

Posted : 26/05/2017 9:16 am
(@nando4)
Estimable Member

@Robert, can you advise how the "Display Name" user profile data can be prevented from change? I've removed it from profile-account.php but then user profile updates fail to save.

It's a fairly high security risk if users can change their Display Name, as can the easily masquerade under different IDs.

Posted : 26/05/2017 9:38 am
(@nando4)
Estimable Member

Posted by: Robert

Hi iTesla and nando4,

Please try to disable HTML cache in Forums > Settings > Features admin page (for both issues). Then navigate to Forums > Dashboard and click on [Delete all caches] button and test it again.

The problem persists. If there are posts in the queue awaiting moderation then the wpforo sidebar, containing pertinent info like Online Members, disappears.

This is a showstopper bug for me as atm requires constant attention to clear the awaiting moderation queue as a workaround. Non-workable.

What is the best way to rollback to 1.2.0 on a live system to get rid of this bug?

Posted : 26/05/2017 11:00 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: nando4

This is a showstopper bug for me as atm requires constant attention to clear the awaiting moderation queue as a workaround. Non-workable.

As I've already said please disable HTML cache  and delete Website/wpForo caches. The awating moderation doesn't have any relation to online users. It only reset cache when you approve it. I hope you see now. You just need to delete website and wpForo cache once you disabled HTML cache. Just do that, you don't need to go to 1.2.0. And please don't ask it again, this is always not recommended.

Posted : 27/05/2017 3:01 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: nando4

@Robert, can you advise how the "Display Name" user profile data can be prevented from change? I've removed it from profile-account.php but then user profile updates fail to save.

It's a fairly high security risk if users can change their Display Name, as can the easily masquerade under different IDs.

This is not high Security risk. However we can add an option to disable it. please wait for the next version.

Posted : 27/05/2017 3:03 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: Anonymous20

@Robert

The above post is Awaiting for moderation but i can see it (and everybody else i guess).

Thank you Anonymous20,

This is a cache issue, we are currently working on this.

Posted : 27/05/2017 3:04 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: albla

Hi all,

I do not have ftp connection, how can I upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 with manual copy?

Thanks

Hi albla,

why you want to update it through FTP? You can update any plugin in Dashboard > Plugins admin page. just click on Update button:

Posted : 27/05/2017 3:08 am
Page 3 / 5