67 Posts
10 Users
26 Likes
41.4 K Views
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Posted by: Robert
Posted by: Anonymous20

I also see that in 1,3 the problem of Subscriber's lost top menu black bar  has not been solved. With wpForo enabled there is no such option.

What was the issue? Could you please specify it again. wpForo has an option to enable/disable this bar for regular users, option name is "Show Admin Bar for Members". You can turn it off in Forums > Settings > Features admin page.

See the issue at my Home Page !!!! because of "Show Admin Bar for Members".

Disabling it, then users don't see the bar when logged in. It was fixed with a mod you posted at WP.org and now it is back.

Originally reported here

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/top-black-bar-missing/#post-8919243

and solved using that code.

Posted : 28/05/2017 7:04 pm
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Posted by: antonM
What was the issue? Could you please specify it again. wpForo has an option to enable/disable this bar for regular users, option name is "Show Admin Bar for Members". You can turn it off in Forums > Settings > Features admin page.

I believe that the problem next. When this option is turned on the admin bar always displayed on top even for guests. Early I suggested a fix but it was not implemented as well as bugfixes for ajax.js:

in file: wpf-hooks.php

change:

if( !is_super_admin() ) show_admin_bar(wpforo_feature('user-admin-bar'));

to:

if( !is_super_admin() && is_user_logged_in() ) show_admin_bar(wpforo_feature('user-admin-bar'));

After that the admin bar works properly on forum page.

Yeap. That does the trick.

Posted : 28/05/2017 7:15 pm
(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member

Also i see now that in 1.3 whatever non-existent url you write within wpForo structure, you don't get a 404 but a 301 (moved permanently) and redirected to home of the forum.

Not sure if this is the correct way to handle 404.

This should be giving a 404 in my opinion. Do you recall if it gave a 404 page before 1.3?

Posted : 28/05/2017 7:18 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

When this option is turned on the admin bar always displayed on top even for guests.

Thank you reminding me about this issue

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 28/05/2017 7:23 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Also i see now that in 1.3 whatever non-existent url you write within wpForo structure, you don't get a 404 but a 301 (moved permanently) and redirected to home of the forum.

Thank you, we're checking this...

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 28/05/2017 7:38 pm
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Posted by: VeganOstomy

This should be giving a 404 in my opinion. Do you recall if it gave a 404 page before 1.3?

In 1.2 it was displaying 404 BUT not a 404 header in html. Also wrong.

Now a redirection in all non-existent urls seems to me odd. Not good also for google indexing. An old/deleted/changed url will be 301 to the home of the forum and that is not ok imho.

Posted : 28/05/2017 7:40 pm
VeganOstomy reacted
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Thank you for your feedback about v1.3.0. All posts are taken under consideration, we'll release next 1.3.1 very soon. Topic is closed. For new issues please open a separate support topics for according forums.

Posted : 01/06/2017 7:36 pm
Page 5 / 5