[Closed] wpForo 2.0 is released!

54 Posts
18 Users
64 Reactions
(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

@percysgrowroom

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

Pretty much the exact same position as me mate. My forum is pretty big, and the conversion is going to be stressful. I may hold off for a while longer too, but i dont think i am patient enough lol 

Good luck matey, you'll need a spliff or two to calm the nerves.

I've just spotted another worry, I use ultimate member for login/registration, profiles and private messaging, instead of wpforo's. I've just noticed another member who uses UM, and has upgraded to V2, now has problems big time.

This has made my mind up, I'll look at installing this next year, when things have calmed down and been sorted out.

This post was modified 2 years ago by cmw14

Posted : 05/08/2022 9:59 pm
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Posted by: @cmw14

you'll need a spliff or two to calm the nerves.

Goes without saying bro 😉 lol 

Check out my Wpforo forum, lots of customisations and add ons 🙂
Percys Grow Room

Posted : 05/08/2022 10:03 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @cmw14

Good luck matey, you'll need a spliff or two to calm the nerves.

I've just spotted another worry, I use ultimate member for login/registration, profiles and private messaging, instead of wpforo's. I've just noticed another member who uses UM, and has upgraded to V2, now has problems big time.

False worries...

There is no any issue with Ultimate Members plugin, all works fine, the topic you have seen is related to Ultimate Membership paid plugin from code cannon plugin marketplace. And the issue was caused by the paid plugins, not by wpForo.

Currently, wpForo Profile System with Login/Registration and Private Messages addon can cover any profile builder plugins, so it's time to consider whether you need UM or other profile builder plugins.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 06/08/2022 5:35 am
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Just tried to switch to PHP 8.1 and i had a few issues (warnings/notices) from wpForo 2.

Are there any plans to support 8.1 ?

Thank you!

Posted : 06/08/2022 11:29 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @dimalifragis

Just tried to switch to PHP 8.1 and i had a few issues (warnings/notices) from wpForo 2.

Are there any plans to support 8.1 ?

Thank you!

Not tested yet, we'll take a look at this after the 2.0 core issues are fixed

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 06/08/2022 11:31 am
dimalifragis reacted
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

I had asked before, but haven't seen a response yet. Does the new version affect current BuddyBoss integrations in any way, particularly the forum post notifications?

Posted : 07/08/2022 5:45 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @noved

I had asked before, but haven't seen a response yet. Does the new version affect current BuddyBoss integrations in any way, particularly the forum post notifications?

Your previous post has been moved and answered: https://wpforo.com/community/postid/68090/

Posted : 07/08/2022 6:31 am
(@tekboi)
Eminent Member

Really awesome job guys. Me and my small team spent some time building a bridge between Xenforo and WP only to find ourselves frustrated with it all. We randomly came across this platform and release yesterday and we've already done some implementation and styling. We're loving how easy this plug-in is to use and how robust it is.

It's looking like we will be making the switch to WPForo + several add-ons for production. You guys have just saved us an ENORMOUS amount of time. 

Thanks from the VICERS team.

Posted : 08/08/2022 8:55 pm
copilot, Robert and Anonymous reacted
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Thank you for your feedback on v2.0 versions. All issues are taken under consideration and most of them are already fixed. This topic is closed. If you got new issues, please open separate topics in corresponding forums.

Posted : 09/08/2022 3:10 am
misiak007 and Anonymous reacted
Page 4 / 4