Clear all

[Closed] Allow users to disable notifications

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@crwhntt)

Hello!

If I set "Yes" on "Dashboard > Forum > Settings > Emails > Activate email notifications on mentions", ALL users are getting an email whenever they:

• Are mentioned
  • Are quoted
  • Get a new response on their subscribed Posts

On each user Subscription section, they can enable/disable the Posts subscriptions, but what about the Mentions and Quotes?

Is there any way to let the user decide if they want to be emailed or not?

As I can see, there's just a single option to enable for ALL or for NOONE.

Best regards

Edit:

Just saw an old post in which you say "We've decided to add a new option in My Profile > Account page, that will allow each user to mute a mentioning." and also that: "This will be optional. I mean that the forum administrators will be able to hide hide the "Mute mentioning" button on Account page 🙂".

Post to the link: https://wpforo.com/community/general-discussions/allow-users-to-turn-off-mention-notifications/

But I cant see any of those options, are they implemented?

3 Replies
2 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @crwhntt

Just saw an old post in which you say "We've decided to add a new option in My Profile > Account page, that will allow each user to mute a mentioning." and also that: "This will be optional. I mean that the forum administrators will be able to hide hide the "Mute mentioning" button on Account page 🙂".

Post to the link: https://wpforo.com/community/general-discussions/allow-users-to-turn-off-mention-notifications/

But I cant see any of those options, are they implemented?

They are not.

(@crwhntt)

@dimalifragis So is it possible in any way?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @crwhntt

Is there any way to let the user decide if they want to be emailed or not?

Currently, it's not possible. But this is in our to-do list. We'll allow users to mute the mentioning emails in their profile page. I have no ETA, but it's coming soon.