Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] buddypress or ulitimate member? or what?

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
11.8 K Views
 theo
Topic starter
(@theo)
Trusted Member

I have messed with both buddypress and UM, and am dissatisfied with both.

The site i'm creating is mostly for blog type entries (which is what wordpress is for).

I am looking for a "social network" that allows my members to submit content which is searchable in the network.

It seems that UM and buddypress is more of building frinedship, rather than content sharing. 

Does anyone know if there is another type of user management that may or may not integrate nicely with wpForo, but has more content feature such as the one I am looking for? 

3 Replies
(@tripvendor)

I lost count the number of times I installed and deleted both Buddypress and Ultimate Member... and UserPro

went back to Ultimate Member

I haven't tried this yet, but their video is compelling  https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddyforms-ultimate-member/    post right from the user profile

theo
Topic starter
(@theo)
Trusted Member

Do you use this plugin? I couldn't get it to work. 

(@tripvendor)

@theo - after another round of install, try, blow my brains out in frustration, disable, delete, through computer out the window, I dumped Ultimate Member and reinstalled Buddypress... sort of the definition of crazy

I have accepted that nothing is going to do what I want without major investment in custom coding.