Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] How do I put a subforum inside a page?

14 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 theo
Topic starter
(@theo)
Trusted Member

Ok, I think i'm getting closer to the bottom of  this. So my users will be able to post content on body field, this is field is reserved for their content, along with other custom fields that i've made. I created one field for Forum.  The problem is that the shortcode does not work properly in the forum field. If I place the same shortcode on the content field of the post, it works just fine. I made the forum field into a WYSIWIG (rich text) field but it still does not display properly. @sofy, have you seen this behaviour in the past before?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @theo,

We've tested this and on our test websites, it works properly. Is there any additional plugin like WP Editor you've used? 

theo
Topic starter
(@theo)
Trusted Member

Hi @sofy, I re did my custom posts, it looks to be working fine now, except for one thing. My Wordpress comments are now disabled. Is this by default? Can we change this?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi  theo,

1) Make sure the "Discussions" admin-box is allowed using "Screen Options" in "Edit Post" admin page:

wpDiscuz-form-missing

2) Find the "Discussions" admin-box below and make sure "Allow Comments" option is turned on.

wpDiscuz-form-missing-2

1 Reply
 theo
(@theo)

Trusted Member

@sofy I have comments enabled on posts. This is an issue when I introuduce the wpforo shortcode on my post. 

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Please let us know:

• When you delete a shortcode, are the comments displayed?
  • Are comments displayed on the dashboard when shortcode exists?
Page 2 / 3