Clear all

[Closed] UM integration assistance

28 Posts
3 Users
8 Reactions
14.2 K Views
(@balkangadgets)
Eminent Member

I just bought and installed the notifications plugin. It does not work 😥  Am I missing something here? All the options seem to be turned on....

Update: The plugin works when someone replies to comments, but not when replying to forum topics or post. Do you have any idea why the wpforo integration is not working?

Things I tried so far:

1. Enabling and disabling options multiple times (in both wpforo settings and UM settings)
  2. Disabling forum cache
  3. Deactivating and activating WPForo and UM plugins
  4. Reinstalling wordpress
  5. Praying to multiple gods

So far....no cigar.

1 Reply
(@anonymous3542)

Honorable Member

Do you have any idea why the wpforo integration is not working?

Yes. I've noticed that this only works for NEW topics. Can you create a test to see if this is actually correct.

(@balkangadgets)
Eminent Member
Posted by: anonymous3542

Do you have any idea why the wpforo integration is not working?

Yes. I've noticed that this only works for NEW topics. Can you create a test to see if this is actually correct.

Only works for the person who started the new topic. Not for other participants.

Topic starter
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

That's strange. I've just had a notification for a response to one of my topics. We might need some clarification here @robert.

(@balkangadgets)
Eminent Member

That's strange. I've just had a notification for a response to one of my topics. We might need some clarification here @robert.

I am glad to hear that it's not just me.

I have tried literally everything. Notifications don't work on replies UNLESS you started a new topic. I hope this can be fixed.

So.... @robert please help 😀 

1 Reply
(@anonymous3542)

Honorable Member

@balkangadgets yes, this does seem a little counterintuitive I have to say. I think it makes sense for notifications to fire if you have subscribed to a topic. That is logic.

(@balkangadgets)
Eminent Member

@balkangadgets yes, this does seem a little counterintuitive I have to say. I think it makes sense for notifications to fire if you have subscribed to a topic. That is logic.

In fact they have to work even if I am not subscribed to a topic. Sometimes I will not follow a specific topic but I still want to know if someone has replied to my post.

Page 3 / 5